DRI Points

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Carlos View Post
    I made this clear in in my post. There are no guarantees.
    Sure, Carlos, that's what you said, along with all this:
    Originally posted by Carlos View Post
    Just understand the restrictions I gave you above. The other piece that you need to know is that yes, if you wait until 59 days out you can get units for half the points. Understand that there is no guarantee there will be availability at that time especially during peak times during summer or during whale season at the beginning of the year from January until April. I am not saying it's never available because there are times I do see it, but it's not a given and you're talking 4-6 months which is a lot of time. I go to Hawaii quite a bit and to ensure my reservation, I book at 10 months out which is the earliest I can because I belong to the US Collection. So as long as you understand the limitations of resale points and reservations for 60 days out you should be fine. Also, the least amount of points for a room at KBC is 6500 pointd for a 1 bedroom scenic view. So if you were to get it at half points you would need more than 30,000 points for 4-6 months. At half points you would use 3250 points for the one bedroom scenic view. That would give you about 9 weeks/2 months and about 10 days.
    Then you feed this newbie all sorts of other info that would lead a newbie to believe it possible. It is not really possible, you know that. Cheers!
    ... not enough time for all the timeshares ®

Comment

Gave the needed information

Originally posted by Spence View Post
      Sure, Carlos, that's what you said, along with all this:

Then you feed this newbie all sorts of other info that would lead a newbie to believe it possible. It is not really possible, you know that. Cheers!

I disagree, Spence. I let the newbie know the truth which is very simply not to be able expect 59 day reservations at half points ALL of the time especially over a four to six month span. However, more importantly, they need to know the limitations of buying resale points with DRI.

Comment

Working...
      X