RCI - Trading Power Protection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RCI - Trading Power Protection

What happens when you don't purchase RCI's Trading Power Protection for an exchange and you cancel?

You lose the exchange fee. You get back some percentage of the TPUs used for the exchange. The number of TPUs depends on how close in to check in you cancel but if it's not right before the check in date, the number returned is pretty good.

Note: RCI recently changed the protection coverage to now ONLY cover TPUs. It used to also provide a credit good for 6 months equal to the exchange fee. It totally blows that the exchange fee is no longer covered and I will rarely if ever be buying the protection anymore. The exchange fee is, for me, the most expensive part of the transaction!

Comment

I received a call from RCI last night to see if I wanted to purchase trading power protection, that is a first for me.

Comment

Information that I got when I decided not to take protection

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You have elected not to protect your Exchange vacation. In the event that you change or cancel outside of the grace period, your Exchange fee will be forfeited and your Trading Power may be affected. The following policies will apply:

Grace Period and Cancellation Policy Information:

- Change or cancel by 08-Nov-2012, your Exchange fee will be fully refunded.
        - Change or cancel after 08-Nov-2012, your Exchange fee will be forfeited.

Trading Power Adjustment Schedule:
        - Change or cancel between 09-Nov-2012 and 21-Dec-2012 : 90% of Deposit Trading Power retained
        - Change or cancel between 22-Dec-2012 and 19-Feb-2013 : 80% of Deposit Trading Power retained
        - Change or cancel between 20-Feb-2013 and 07-Mar-2013 : 60% of Deposit Trading Power retained
        - Change or cancel between 08-Mar-2013 and 22-Mar-2013 : 45% of Deposit Trading Power retained

Comment

I find it interesting that they ding you for trading power when they actually have had the week in their possession all along.

Comment

A cash Cow!

Comment

Originally posted by Presley View Post
              I find it interesting that they ding you for trading power when they actually have had the week in their possession all along.
              They have had your week all along but in the above example you are taking a week out of availability now. if you give it back in late March and it was for sometime in April you kept it out of avalibility for 4 out of 5 months. RCI may or may not be able to get the full exchange value when someone else trades into the week.

For me the trading power protection is only worth it if the exchange is 25 or more. The higher the more useful. If you use a 14 tpu's for the example above and can cancel a month before the exchange and still get back almost half (6 tpu's) probably not worth the $79 or whatever the cost for the protection.

Comment

I used to routinely get exchange protection (the one that included the exchange fee credit). Going forward, I anticipate almost never getting trade power protection. Looking back over my history of protection/cancellation, I expect the total cost to me to be about a push.

Comment

Working...
                X