Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poll. How many of you use the ongoing request feature.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well 9 years ago is ancient history in RCI.
    I guess you aren't using RCI anymore since you are now a SW FL resident.

Comment

Originally posted by JLB View Post
      posted 12-07-2004 09:41
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Prior to RCI.com we got very little that we requested, either through RCI.com or having a VC search.
      Since RCI.com, we have gotten everything we've wanted, eventually.

Since RCI.com we have owned as many as six weeks and none have gone unused.

This is a very old discussion, having been conducted many times. Some folks have confidence in ongoing searches and some not.

We do not.

Each time we talk to a VG they say something that is not true and they sometimes say they cannot see stuff I can. We have seen some pretty strange things with the computers, which never could be explained by anyone at RCI.

Nor do we like to pay for something, upfront, that we may never get, just for the right to shop.

I do not know what I would do with the first of hour of each day if I did not do my searches and drink my coffee.

What do you do with yours?

The only way to learn more about what your week(s) are worth, trade-wise, is to see everything they pull in a search. I have become familiar with the resorts in our favorite areas by seeing them in print so many times. If you never do that, you will be forever clueless, perhaps asking questions on Internet forums that you could have answered for yourself many years earlier.

If you can search yourself, even if there were no problems doing it another way, why not?

In a recent interview, a member of the British Royal family said they are driven to official functions, but like to drive everywhere else themselves.

How many here have said how much they love the thrill of the hunt? There is no thrill if someone else does the hunting.

If they did not want us to use it, it would not be there.

Edit: Oh yeah, I could not do my study, and would have not known how bad availability has become, if I did not do my daily searches.

And, sometimes they come in handy when dealing with RCI. Here is a snippet from a message I sent to another TUGger almost three years ago, when we had a trading power issue:

"I put
      > my
      > > "study" in the mail today--139 pages of before and after searches!"

That's about it.
      - - - - - -
      Carol:

Yes, I added "Resorts on the Beach" to my searches earlier this year, to figure out where folks are going next. And, Yes, after the Keys and SW, Sarasota appears to be the next area preferred.

IMO, it seems to be following the economics of Florida. SW has priced itself out of the range of many, and folks are now settling for further north. I have followed SW Florida since the 1970s and the price of coastal property for almost 15 years.

------------------
      JLB

http://www.tug1.net/tugbbs1/Forum11/HTML/004223-2.html
      Posted to demonstrate how old this topic is.
      RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

I have a confession to make.

For years I used performance enhancing techniques.

I realize I am now being targeted because of the amazing success that I had, but, and without naming names, anyone who was having any success at all, was doing it, too.

I admit that I was controlling, that I demanded the outcome that I wanted, and that I conspired with others to that end.

I may have lied a time or two about what I was doing, but it did not matter. Only winning, getting the desired result, mattered.

Having now been stripped of all the advantage that I may have gained, and then some, I am humbled.

I am a flawed person.

RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

Originally posted by JLB View Post
          I have a confession to make.

For years I used performance enhancing techniques.

I realize I am now being targeted because of the amazing success that I had, but, and without naming names, anyone who was having any success at all, was doing it, too.

I admit that I was controlling, that I demanded the outcome that I wanted, and that I conspired with others to that end.

I may have lied a time or two about what I was doing, but it did not matter. Only winning, getting the desired result, mattered.

Having now been stripped of all the advantage that I may have gained, and then some, I am humbled.

I am a flawed person.

Comment

Working...
          X