No announcement yet.

RCI cancelled our EV - 3 weeks before vacation - RCI Overbooking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think they will put you in one of the Hilton's in Waikiki unless Hilton deposits something last minute. This isn't the first time RCI and Wyndham's computers have failed to communicate properly when there has been an overbooking situation. Wyndham seems to blame RCI and refuses to do anything and RCI blames Wyndham and tries to make it right but I don't think you will end up with an upgrade and be able to stay for 2 weeks in the same resort. Hopefully RCI will come through.

Comment

For any who believe that RCI is legally obligated to provide the accomodations they have confirmed, you should read more of the fine print.

RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

Please keep us posted about your progress. A few years ago RCI cancelled a week I had booked over Christmas at Lawai Beach Resort and they managed to get it back for me.

Comment

I would probably be going crazy if that happened to me. I would tell them it was their problem, not mine and they better get it straightened out. Keep us informed. I don't get mad easily but yeah, I think this would do it. shaggy

Comment

I have had a similar situation happen 3 times with RCI. Once was the Mexico Grand Mayan fiasco (Christmas week), once our unit was destroyed by a hurricane and once the resort dropped their affiliation with RCI. In each case RCI came through for me and helped in any way they were able. Do be patient, the 25th is a long way away if they are dealing with immediate crises.

Comment

Originally posted by marispb View Post
              The supervisor said she would call me on the 4th, friday (because of the holidays). Do you think I should call her before? My trip is scheduled for the 25th... When I try to speak with other representatives, it seems like there are some notes in the system, therefore nobody can talk to me, but her. She seems like a good professional. Should I put some pressure? :S
              I would give her until the 4th as promised.

Comment

Originally posted by eal View Post
                Please keep us posted about your progress. A few years ago RCI cancelled a week I had booked over Christmas at Lawai Beach Resort and they managed to get it back for me.
                The supervisor called me Friday evening to let me know she found a few options but not 100% in my date range. As I have my air tickets and car rental, I can't be flexible with my dates. She is trying to work hard, I believe. She already got 5 days of my original resort back to me. She said it is on hold for her, so nobody else can take it. I'm hoping for the best! Thank you all, I will let you know when this nightmare comes to an end.

Comment

Originally posted by happymum View Post
                  I have had a similar situation happen 3 times with RCI. Once was the Mexico Grand Mayan fiasco (Christmas week), once our unit was destroyed by a hurricane and once the resort dropped their affiliation with RCI. In each case RCI came through for me and helped in any way they were able. Do be patient, the 25th is a long way away if they are dealing with immediate crises.
                  Thanks a lot! I'm trying not to be anxious, but when you are a "planner", it's hard. I planned everything 6 months ago, so everything could be perfect. They confirmed it was fine many times through email, chat and phone calls... so for me it is frustrating...

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy View Post
                    I would probably be going crazy if that happened to me. I would tell them it was their problem, not mine and they better get it straightened out. Keep us informed. I don't get mad easily but yeah, I think this would do it. shaggy

Thank you Shaggy... I'm trying to be cool, but I'm demanding my rights...

Comment

Originally posted by JLB View Post
                      For any who believe that RCI is legally obligated to provide the accomodations they have confirmed, you should read more of the fine print.

JLB, can you please share what you meant? What are the final prints? What are RCI customers guarantees?

Comment

Imagine if these numbers held true for all of RCI's subscribers!!!

Sorry I had not noticed the previous post:

http://www.rci.com/docs/KnowledgeBas...ofRCIWeeks.pdf

15. Unavailability or Problems with a Confirmed Exchange.

A. If RCI is prevented, hindered or delayed in the performance of any obligation to a Member (including, but not limited to, providing lodging or other accommodations) due to an Event of Force Majeure, then RCI shall be excused from further performance upon notice to the affected Member stating the reason for such nonperformance, without obligation to refund or return the Deposit used for the Confirmed Exchange or any amounts that were paid by the affected Member before such notice. The term “Event of Force Majeure” shall mean:

i. an act of God or of a public enemy, fire, explosion, perils of the sea, lightning, earthquake, storm, flood, nuclear disaster, declared or undeclared war, revolution, insurrection, riot, act of piracy, act of terrorism, sabotage, blockade, embargo, accident, epidemic or quarantine;

ii. action by a governmental authority, a court, appointment of a receiver or mortgagee in possession, or an assignment for the benefit of creditors;

iii. a strike, lockout or other labor unrest resulting from any cause and whether or not the demands of the employees involved are reasonable or within RCI’s power to concede; or

iv. any other cause or circumstance beyond RCI’s reasonable control.
                        JLB
                        Please excuse me, I'm a Dick. Not a moron just a Dick
                        Last edited by JLB; 01-20-2013, 10:15 AM.
                        RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

Originally posted by www.icm-group.net
                          Wow, that's a nightmare. I never heard anything like that with RCI. Lots of clients ask us to rent out weeks they have banked, no problems,atleast so far.
                          Which, of course, is against their rules, and they monitor this, and every site on the Internet talking about timeshares.

Comment

I wonder if they interpret #4 as having extra demand for their rentals to the public that they need to fill?

Originally posted by JLB View Post
                            Imagine if these numbers held true for all of RCI's subscribers!!!

Sorry I had not noticed the previous post:

http://www.rci.com/docs/KnowledgeBas...ofRCIWeeks.pdf

15. Unavailability or Problems with a Confirmed Exchange.

A. If RCI is prevented, hindered or delayed in the performance of any obligation to a Member (including, but not limited to, providing lodging or other accommodations) due to an Event of Force Majeure, then RCI shall be excused from further performance upon notice to the affected Member stating the reason for such nonperformance, without obligation to refund or return the Deposit used for the Confirmed Exchange or any amounts that were paid by the affected Member before such notice. The term “Event of Force Majeure” shall mean:

i. an act of God or of a public enemy, fire, explosion, perils of the sea, lightning, earthquake, storm, flood, nuclear disaster, declared or undeclared war, revolution, insurrection, riot, act of piracy, act of terrorism, sabotage, blockade, embargo, accident, epidemic or quarantine;

ii. action by a governmental authority, a court, appointment of a receiver or mortgagee in possession, or an assignment for the benefit of creditors;

iii. a strike, lockout or other labor unrest resulting from any cause and whether or not the demands of the employees involved are reasonable or within RCI’s power to concede; or

iv. any other cause or circumstance beyond RCI’s reasonable control.

Comment

Did this ever get resolved?????

Comment

Originally posted by Carolinian View Post
                                I wonder if they interpret #4 as having extra demand for their rentals to the public that they need to fill?
                                That and the fact that they changed to being an LLC. Anything to deny culpability and insulate themselves.

If you were them, and screwed people over fairly regularly, would you not do everything you could to cover your butt?

Comment

Working...
                                X