No announcement yet.

Been waiting and waiting...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On Maui, I would also add Sands of Kahana to the search. IF you request a 2br or larger, you will very likely get a unit with ocean view. It's not far from Westin, KBC, and Marriott.

Comment

Thanks Presley for the offer!! That is really nice of you, for now I'll say we'll continue to hold our breath

Holy cow, is that true regarding the KBC?? They charge a $20-30/day fee just for STAYING there each day? isn't that what the room "rate" is for? LOL. If so, I honestly may take it off the list. Anyone else know if that's true?

I can go anytime last week of May through the 3rd week of August...do you think it's time to get desperate? I don't really want to drop the expectations BUT I also want to make sure we get it and have time to book flights...lol.

Reviews on the Whaler seem pretty good...not sure about the Sands...it seems nice but trading a 1BR to Maui I am sure we'll only get a 1BR or smaller

I added MMO and both Kaanapali Beach Club codes yesterday....so technically that is 6 different resort codes (though really only 3 resorts, marriott maui ocean club, westin villas and kaanapali beach club each have 2 codes basically in II) and 11-12 weeks I am giving them...but again I understand it IS Maui, after all. Thoughts?

Should I just bite the bullet and add The Whaler now also? OR do you think I have some time before I would need to do that?

Thanks also Lawren for the welcome back, it's good to be back! We have an 8mos old so his first exchange trip is Sedona in a few weeks and then ideally (clearly lol) Maui this coming summer

Thanks again to any and all for the time you've taken to respond both before this reply and afterwards, too

Best,
      Jeff

Comment

Here is what GPX says about KBC

Alert Notes:

Hawaiian Tax will be collected at check in; $6.10 for 1 bedroom units, $8.34 for 2 bedroom units. Prices are subject to change. A $30 per day minimum incidentals deposit is required at check in. Parking is $16 per day.

There is availability from mid-July to mid- August right now.
        philsfan
        Administrator
        Last edited by philsfan; 01-07-2013, 09:20 AM.

Comment

Here is what Diamond says:

You Need To Know

Non-Smoking Resort

Prior to Checking In: No pets are permitted, service animals only. There is a General Excise Tax (GET) and state imposed Transient Occupancy Tax, (TOT), which will be collected upon check-in. There is an incidental deposit for all arrivals. The minimum age requirement to check in is 18 years.

Please note that there is a $25.00 per night resort fee charged for all exchange and rental reservations (which includes owner and member rentals). The resort fee is complimentary for all owner weeks and member points bookings. The resort fee includes the following: • Internet access • Fitness Center access • Parking • Local calls

It's best to call II or the resort to get the real answer.

Comment

thanks everyone...added both Whaler codes...thats now EIGHT codes and 11-12 weeks on a deposit TWO years ago "deposit early to maximize your trading power!" (yeah whatever...lol)

I better get SOMETHING...

Comment

Originally posted by JDrozen View Post
              thanks everyone...added both Whaler codes...thats now EIGHT codes and 11-12 weeks on a deposit TWO years ago "deposit early to maximize your trading power!" (yeah whatever...lol)

I better get SOMETHING...
              When you do, come back and sing it from the rooftops. We will be here!

Comment

Originally posted by StressCadet View Post
                When you do, come back and sing it from the rooftops. We will be here!
                I SURE hope it's a "when"

Comment

FYI to all, thanks for all the help, got confirmation this morning (FINALLY! so excited!) to the Westin Villas!!!! May 31 - June 7!

Comment

I am so happy for you!

Comment

Ah!

The thrill of the hunt.

Yeah, that used to be fun.

RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

FYI to all, thanks for all the help, got confirmation this morning (FINALLY! so excited!) to the Westin Villas!!!! May 31 - June 7!

ENJOY!!!

Comment

Hooray!! I'm glad you got what you wanted, but I sure don't blame you for biting your fingernails this (relatively, in airfare world) close to checkin. I loved KBC, btw, and agree with Stressy that the Whaler is in a fantastic location. While you're on Maui, you should check out the other timeshares for next time

Comment

YaY
                            Pat
                            *** My Website ***

Comment

Working...
                            X