Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What the top 3 things you look for in an exchange company?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the top 3 things you look for in an exchange company?

Recent discussions have made me wonder what others look for in an exchange company. What are your top 3 reasons for using a particular exchange company? You don't need to name companies, just wondering what motivates people.

Mine are
    1.) Comparable resort exchange. I hate the feeling of trading down.
    2.) Excellent customer service.
    3.) Fair market value for exchange fees/upgrades/etc.

1) Reasonable fees
    2) Reasonable inventory of where I want to go.
    3) Honesty - no games like renting out exchange deposits to the general public

Comment

1 Service Excellence
      2 Availability of locations I like
      3 Fair fees

Comment

1. I look for places that I want to go as easy exchange options. I don't want to be up at all hours of the night trying to snag good exchanges.
        2. Equal or greater exchange value. I don't mind an occasional trade down but not all the time.
        3. Bonus week options that makes sense for 4 day trips. I rarely use the whole week so don't really want to pay for the whole week.
        4. Access to online booking and shopping before depositing. Love to window shop so don't hide your merchandise.

Oh that's 4.

Comment

Originally posted by Presley View Post
          Recent discussions have made me wonder what others look for in an exchange company. What are your top 3 reasons for using a particular exchange company? You don't need to name companies, just wondering what motivates people.

Mine are
          1.) Comparable resort exchange. I hate the feeling of trading down.
          2.) Excellent customer service.
          3.) Fair market value for exchange fees/upgrades/etc.

(1) Ability to trade up in quality -- My resort is given a lot of trade power, so I have been able to use 1BRs to request offseason 2BRs at premier resorts.
          (2) Lots of Inventory
          (3) Decent fees

Comment

1) Inventory
            2) Fees
            3) Ability to rent exchanges, wouldnt that be nice!

Comment

#1 Quality inventory
              #2 Choices
              #3 Reasonable fee's

Right now most of what we're doing is managed through internal exchange opportunities with the resorts we own vs using the traditional exchange companies of RCI, I.I. or any of the smaller independant companies
              Our timeshare and other photo's at http://dougp26364.smugmug.com/

Comment

1. Inventory - quantity, quality, and locations I can get to
                2. Fees - Low exchange, limited upgrade fees, and no nickle and diming
                3. Transparency - Knowing the approximate trade value, whether I agree or disagree with the valuation

Comment

exchanges

but, really, not any more
                  RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

1. Being able to pick high quality specific resorts without worrying about who they are affiliated with.
                    2. Being able to exchange easily into high demand areas like New York City and Hawaii.
                    3. My deposited weeks never expire.

Of course getting decent bonus weeks and good customer service are also important.
                    John

Comment

Originally posted by chriskre View Post
                      1. I look for places that I want to go as easy exchange options. I don't want to be up at all hours of the night trying to snag good exchanges.
                      2. Equal or greater exchange value. I don't mind an occasional trade down but not all the time.
                      3. Bonus week options that makes sense for 4 day trips. I rarely use the whole week so don't really want to pay for the whole week.
                      4. Access to online booking and shopping before depositing. Love to window shop so don't hide your merchandise.

Oh that's 4.
                      1. Access to online booking and shopping before depositing. Love to window shop so don't hide your merchandise - Plus reasonable rates and good service.

2. Access to online booking and shopping before depositing. Love to window shop so don't hide your merchandise - Plus reasonable rates and good service.

3. Access to online booking and shopping before depositing. Love to window shop so don't hide your merchandise - Plus reasonable rates and good service.

As long as that is not available, I will not try to use any exchange company. Personally, I like the call-in feature and speak with a human being. Call it old fashioned.

Comment

Originally posted by iconnections View Post
                        1. Access to online booking and shopping before depositing. Love to window shop so don't hide your merchandise - Plus reasonable rates and good service.

2. Access to online booking and shopping before depositing. Love to window shop so don't hide your merchandise - Plus reasonable rates and good service.

3. Access to online booking and shopping before depositing. Love to window shop so don't hide your merchandise - Plus reasonable rates and good service.

As long as that is not available, I will not try to use any exchange company.
                        Ditto this. Also true of any points system I might consider -- the more transparent they are (resort pics, resort maps, floor plans), the more likely I am to seriously consider buying in.

Originally posted by iconnections View Post
                        Personally, I like the call-in feature and speak with a human being. Call it old fashioned.
                        Only half second this part, though. I want there to be a call-in feature for when things go wrong, but I'd much rather research and make the reservation online.

Comment

Working...
                        X