"An Ongoing Search Match Has been found - Action Required"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "An Ongoing Search Match Has been found - Action Required"

It is nice to know that an ongoing search request DOES still work with RCI.
    I had a one weekend date and about 7 really tough resorts - and I matched for Paris in June 2015.
    I started the search July 3rd, 2013 and got an email at 6pm tonight.

I also got an ongoing search filled this week with II, using a 1BR Marriott to snag a 2BR Marriott in a busy "gold" season time.

Happy Happy!
    Pat
    *** My Website ***

Good for you.
    Now if I could just bring myself to be patient enough to use the ongoing search I'd be all set.

Comment

It works with other exchange companies, too. I got a match for a UK canalboat as a particular marina I requested a few weeks ago from DAE for August 2015. A week later, I got a match for the same request from UKRE.

Comment

Great exchange!
        Lawren
        ------------------------
        There are many wonderful places in the world, but one of my favourite places is on the back of my horse.
        - Rolf Kopfle

Comment

And I was searching with a 50 TPU deposit and my exchange cost 50 as well....so glad I had the big number to go with.
          Pat
          *** My Website ***

Comment

Congratulations, it goes to show that you can if you plan far enough in advance get what you want. I have yet to do an on going search with RCI, but my request first with II was matched in less than a month, and with a resort better than I had originally anticipated.

Comment

I have confirmed 3 units in the last couple of weeks using ongoing searches. One thing I found very interesting was that I looked for a unit online for Xmas in Orlando and nothing was available at all. I put in an ongoing search and something popped up within 1/2 hour. I released it and got another match almost immediately to a resort that met my needs. So apparently there is inventory out there that is not visible online. That is all I can assume.

Comment

Originally posted by bellesgirl View Post
                I have confirmed 3 units in the last couple of weeks using ongoing searches. One thing I found very interesting was that I looked for a unit online for Xmas in Orlando and nothing was available at all. I put in an ongoing search and something popped up within 1/2 hour. I released it and got another match almost immediately to a resort that met my needs. So apparently there is inventory out there that is not visible online. That is all I can assume.
                I have had a similar experience with II with exchanging a studio for a 2BR Marriott to Marriott....online, can not see, ongoing search = matches overnight!
                Pat
                *** My Website ***

Comment

Good for you Pat, that's really terrific!
                  Angela

If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

BTW, I'm still keeping track of how many times you annoy me.

Comment

Excellent! Congrats and a good reminder to those of us who had given up hope.

Comment

There is hope

Comment

Working...
                      X