2015 exchange plans completed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015 exchange plans completed

I think I booked all my major exchange for 2015.

I have a
    2 br booked through II for Easter break in Va Beach at Beach Quarters Resort
    3 br booked through RCI weeks for Kaatskill Mountain Resort in NY for a beer festival in April. (full week but only using 3 nights)
    2 br weekend booked through RCI points in OC, MD at Marlin Cove II in June for the first weekend of summer vaca. (3 night weekend)
    2 br booked through RCI points into RCI weeks inventory for July at High Dunes Resort in the Outer Banks
    and a 2 br booked through II in Western Maryland (always about 10 degrees cooler than home 2 hrs east) at Lakewood resort for August.

No big name places but all nice resorts when and where I want to go. I know this might not always be the case but everything fell into place this year using the big 2 exchange companies. The Western MD and Beer festival were not available in 2014 but I am happy to be able to get them every 2 or 3 years anyway.

Throw in some time at my owned resorts in Myrtle Beach, Ocean City, Hershey, and Massanutten if I can't get them rented and I will have a busy 2015.

Sounds great and all taken care of.

Comment

So far I've only got 5 weeks booked all for the summer at the beach.
      I'm hoping to book a few more.
      And one week in Vegas.
      Haven't decided on my Mouse fix just yet.
      That's as far as I've gotten.

Comment

It happens- you get loaded with deposits and spend a lot of time away. I did 13 weeks one year and going home felt better. 5 so far this year and I may not be done yet. Really hurt the veggie garden when coupled with the odd weather year.

Comment

Originally posted by chriskre View Post
          So far I've only got 5 weeks booked all for the summer at the beach.
          I'm hoping to book a few more.
          And one week in Vegas.
          Haven't decided on my Mouse fix just yet.
          That's as far as I've gotten.
          Chris and I are going to Kaatskill Mountain House in Fall 2015.... Will be interested in OPs take on the area.
          Pat
          *** My Website ***

Comment

Originally posted by GrayFal View Post
            Chris and I are going to Kaatskill Mountain House in Fall 2015.... Will be interested in OPs take on the area.
            I've been twice already. The resort is nice, paper thin walls. The pool is too small for the number of units when the resort is full. The daily resort fee (either $5 or $10 can't remember which) was added in 2014 and is slightly annoying. Its a beautiful area. In the spring they are about a month behind in terms of nature waking up (then we are in MD). I would imagine in fall they are 2-4 weeks ahead of us. It looks like it would be a good ski resort but winter units are never available. It is a great festival location and they have several throughout the summer but I've never seen availability during those times. The restaurant on site is pretty good and reasonable prices for an onsite restaurant in that type of resort.

http://www.tap-ny.com/

Comment

Nice lineup Sally. I only have one week booked, Marriott Fairway Villas in NJ for April.
              Jacki

Comment

Nice... Congrats!

Not including the weeks I own (some of which will be rented) I've only booked New Years week (2015/2016) on the FL Gulf Coast... a first for me and I'm really looking forward to it. Lost a few exchange opportunities because I didn't make up my mind in time and the hold expired. 😕

Sent from Tapatalk
                Juanita

Comment

Originally posted by GrayFal View Post
                  Oh yeah, forgot this one.

Comment

I just got notice from my MROP that I matched for end of Sept at Yellowstone/Jackson Hole. At the end of Sept I will be going to Montana to Glacier Nat'l Park. I've been wanting to do this like forever!! I've really had to cut back on my travels which makes me so sad but I'm living thru everyone else's. Next April I will be going to Las Vegas and I sure would like to go to the beach somewhere.

Comment

Since we bought our mobile home in Florida and spend the winters there, we don't use our timeshares nearly as much as we used to We did book a week here in Ontario for this summer, but otherwise nothing in the works. We are headed to South Korea this Thursday to visit DS, DIL and sweet grandbaby. Maybe we can do a quick trip to LV in October.

I dearly miss the hunt for those great exchanges!

Dori

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy View Post
                        I just got notice from my MROP that I matched for end of Sept at Yellowstone/Jackson Hole. At the end of Sept I will be going to Montana to Glacier Nat'l Park. I've been wanting to do this like forever!! I've really had to cut back on my travels which makes me so sad but I'm living thru everyone else's. Next April I will be going to Las Vegas and I sure would like to go to the beach somewhere.
                        Great news, Shaggy!
                        I also just got an RCI match for Meadow Lake Resort next July, near Glacier National Park! We're excited also!

Comment

I have one 2015 exchange, for a summer canal boat in the UK, through DAE. My schedule has been so up in the air that planning has been difficult. I am back in the states at the moment, but the final details are being worked out for me to head back to eastern Europe with my job toward the end of the week. I may switch countries in 4-6 months though, and perhaps to a different part of the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Carolinian View Post
                            I have one 2015 exchange, for a summer canal boat in the UK, through DAE. My schedule has been so up in the air that planning has been difficult. I am back in the states at the moment, but the final details are being worked out for me to head back to eastern Europe with my job toward the end of the week. I may switch countries in 4-6 months though, and perhaps to a different part of the world.

I'd like to try those canal boats some time.
                            Jacki

Comment

Originally posted by jackio View Post
                              I'd like to try those canal boats some time.
                              Me too. Been wanting to do so for over 10 years waiting for the right time.
                              Syd

Comment

Working...
                              X