best times to search RCI for points inventory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best times to search RCI for points inventory

I'm new to RCI exchanges and these forums...I've been trying to read up and learn as much as I can.

That being said - I've learned that OGs only search the weeks inventory....and that I should be doing manually searches regularly to double check the points inventory. Just curious if there are "HOT" days/times that I should be searching. I am currently searching several times a day and feel like I'm losing my mind lol

Most RCI points units are available 10 months out so you'd be wanting to search 10 months out.
    In regards to DVC it's different because these are not true RCI points owners depositing but developer/rci cherry picking what they are depositing to the points side.

For example, I own an RCI points resort in Orlando that I never use and always gets deposited to RCI points side.
    So my unit is always available 10 months out if someone is searching the exact date, my unit will be there for them.
    With DVC, it's a in DVC's control which weeks and resorts get deposited as long as it matches the points that a member is using to trade out to RCI.
    We have a fixed grid in DVC just like BG does.
    So a VGF owner can use RCI and use 150 points to exchange out.
    DVC does not have to deposit a VGF unit but could deposit a SSR 1 bedroom instead in low season for those 150 points.
    Since it's a corporate RCI portal they can cherry pick what they send to RCI.
    As long as the club is balanced it doesn't matter from where they get the inventory.
    I think at first DVC didn't quite have this figured out but now they seem to have tweaked it to their advantage
    and also to members advantage since most members prefer to stay elsewhere other than SSR & OKW.

Too much information, I know.

Here are the DVC grids and points:

Comment

Originally posted by chriskre View Post
      I think at first DVC didn't quite have this figured out but now they seem to have tweaked it to their advantage
      and also to members advantage since most members prefer to stay elsewhere other than SSR & OKW.
      OK - you've lost me a little. How is it to the members advantage ?

Comment

Originally posted by iapetus79 View Post
        OK - you've lost me a little. How is it to the members advantage ?
        Because most members would prefer to stay at GF, Poly, BLT, AKV, BCV, BWV, anything but SSR and OKW.
        So by DVC depositing more SSR and OKW, that leaves more units available to the club members, regardless of where the points originated.

Comment

If you're a night owl like me, check 10 months out at 12:01am. I've gotten decent exchanges that way.
          Juanita

Comment

Originally posted by FreeIn2010 View Post
            If you're a night owl like me, check 10 months out at 12:01am. I've gotten decent exchanges that way.
            thanks juanita

Comment

Originally posted by chriskre View Post
              Because most members would prefer to stay at GF, Poly, BLT, AKV, BCV, BWV, anything but SSR and OKW.
              So by DVC depositing more SSR and OKW, that leaves more units available to the club members, regardless of where the points originated.
              duh... I thought you meant to RCI members - hence the confusion lol ... silly me

Comment

Originally posted by iapetus79 View Post
                duh... I thought you meant to RCI members - hence the confusion lol ... silly me
                Sorry. I really don't want to confuse you.
                I know you're new to all this stuff and I tend to talk too much.
                I'll try to keep it simpler.

Comment

Working...
                X