RCI just called to get me to deposit my week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RCI just called to get me to deposit my week

A guy from RCI just called to try to get me to deposit my 2016 high-summer week in Cape Cod.

I told him no bc RCI is not offering enough TPUs. He said, "Thirty-two? That's not enough?"

I said no, that it used to be more like forty for this week. He said, "Well, it's the RESORT that determines trading power, not RCI." I said, "No way!" And he said, "Yes, way!"

Anyway, I did not deposit it. Just wanted to share this new RCI line.

good one!

Comment

How gullible do they think we are!

Comment

the guides must be trained by timeshare salesmen

Comment

I get 1-2 calls from RCI a day which I avoid at all costs. There is nothing they can help me with that I can't do online and when I need to call them I will call but only if it is absolutely necesarry. I got an email today:
          Account Alert!
          Someone is searching for your week.

They just opened an ongoing search to the Resort you own.
          Mine is a float week at Sandals in Jamaica. When I first bought it about 5 years ago, it was getting 34 tpu's. After the first year it dropped down to 22-24 tpu's. RCI has never received another deposit from there from me.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyHoover View Post
            I get 1-2 calls from RCI a day which I avoid at all costs. There is nothing they can help me with that I can't do online and when I need to call them I will call but only if it is absolutely necesarry. I got an email today:

Mine is a float week at Sandals in Jamaica. When I first bought it about 5 years ago, it was getting 34 tpu's. After the first year it dropped down to 22-24 tpu's. RCI has never received another deposit from there from me.
            I got the same email for a resort that I have not owned in 5 years and I have told them several times to remove it from my list of owned weeks. Such a simple thing to do and they just can't get it done. The only reason I asked them to remove it was that they used to call me every month to deposit a week I didn't own until I finally got them to stop calling me. So now they email me.
            LARRY

Comment

RCI doesn't have my correct telephone number

Comment

They keep calling and usually when I see it's RCI I don't answer. But if I so it is always my Maui Hill week they want. No way are they getting it.
                Luanne

Comment

RCI is so dim. If the guy had said, "Oh, you don't think 32 is enough? Okay, for today only, if you will deposit this week, I can add five points on to give you 37 points for that week"--then I totally would have gone for it. I probably would have done it for THREE extra points.

RCI spends all this money to hire people to call members and harangue them, but they aren't spending money where it would do some good.

Comment

Originally posted by wackymother View Post
                    RCI is so dim. If the guy had said, "Oh, you don't think 32 is enough? Okay, for today only, if you will deposit this week, I can add five points on to give you 37 points for that week"--then I totally would have gone for it. I probably would have done it for THREE extra points.

RCI spends all this money to hire people to call members and harangue them, but they aren't spending money where it would do some good.
                    My thoughts exactly. RCI does not know how to get the most band for its buck...

Comment

Originally posted by Luanne View Post
                      They keep calling and usually when I see it's RCI I don't answer.
                      Me neither. The beauty of caller screening

Comment

I guess my units aren't good enough for them.
                        I never get a call from RCI to deposit.
                        Not that I'm complaining.

Comment

I had a problem with II calling a year or so ago. I told them I did not wish to hear from them again. If they do not stop calling you after such a request after 30 days you can contact the FCC. The calls stopped.

Comment

Originally posted by wackymother View Post
                            A guy from RCI just called to try to get me to deposit my 2016 high-summer week in Cape Cod.

I told him no bc RCI is not offering enough TPUs. He said, "Thirty-two? That's not enough?"

I said no, that it used to be more like forty for this week. He said, "Well, it's the RESORT that determines trading power, not RCI." I said, "No way!" And he said, "Yes, way!"

Anyway, I did not deposit it. Just wanted to share this new RCI line.
                            When RCI first started their TPU system, our resort got about 10 TPUs more than what the same first week now gets. I wonder if RCI has lowered these amounts across the board. Personally, I think they are foolish - the more TPUs we get, the more exchanges are made and the more revenue they collect. They don't charge by the TPU.

Comment

Originally posted by chriskre View Post
                              I never get a call from RCI to deposit.
                              Me neither. In my case, probably another benefit to owning points.

Comment

Working...
                              X