Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just joined II with Worldmark. Is it a good trader?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just joined II with Worldmark. Is it a good trader?

Can't seem to see much and am not sure what I'm missing.
    It has it as my Worldmark ownership as a float week - week 54 with a check in date in Nov. (??)
    When I go to search for an exchange, do I just select the largest size unit to exchange with, to see what's out there?
    Syd

I usually look for something in the 60 day window using a WM 1 bed unit. I know I exchanged by request before with II using WM, but I can't remember where I went.

Comment

Thanks for your reply. II doesn't seem to have much in my neck of the woods. Will keep playing around with it.
      Syd

Comment

After I saw your post I checked what was available in the 60 day window at II. I found some really nice resorts available for 4500 points + exchange fee. I actually thought about heading to the Marriott in Bangkok. There was a two bed unit available. The 28 hour flight kind of turned me off. I think it would be way closer for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Sydney View Post
          Thanks for your reply. II doesn't seem to have much in my neck of the woods. Will keep playing around with it.
          Actually they have lots of stuff in Australia New Zealand. We are looking to go in April May 2018 so it is a bit early fit our dates but I frequently look and see availability.

Look at the directory to get an idea.

Just did a search from April 2016 to April 2017. And this is what I see

Australia & New Zealand

Australia, New South Wales, Central
          Australia, New South Wales, North Coast
          Australia, Queensland, Cairns
          Australia, Queensland, Gold Coast
          Australia, South Australia
          Australia, Victoria
          Australia, Western Australia
          New Zealand, Paihia
          New Zealand, Queenstown
          New Zealand, Turangi
          GrayFal
          Silver Contributor and supermoderator
          Last edited by GrayFal; 04-28-2016, 11:16 AM.
          Pat
          *** My Website ***

Comment

Read post number 14

http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthr...dmark+interval

And this has some good info.

Just from scanning, I believe you search with a three bedroom but ultimately the number of points taken depends on the u it size and season you get.
            GrayFal
            Silver Contributor and supermoderator
            Last edited by GrayFal; 04-28-2016, 11:39 AM.
            Pat
            *** My Website ***

Comment

Originally posted by GrayFal View Post
              Read post number 14

And this has some good info.

Just from scanning, I believe you search with a three bedroom but ultimately the number of points taken depends on the u it size and season you get.
              That is correct. Search with the full 3bd and the credits will be applied based on what you booked. You can also do request first and the credits redeemed with be based on what you match. You can also ask WM to deposit a white/blue/red week based on credits but they choose the resort and the season (at least in the US) but that's getting ahead of ourselves right now. You can't reserve a week in WM and deposit the exact week in II but you can with other exchange companies.

Comment

Thanks! The Thailand Marriott looks good but I can only see a few check in dates.

I've been searching with a 3br, thinking that will give me better trading power. Thanks!

Very EXCITED though. Just confirmed a Tradewinds Fiji cruise through RCI with my Australian Worldmark for our wedding anniversary next April. A whole year away but we are both really looking forward to it.
                At the moment, our Worldmark SP is with RCI and our Worldmark US is with II.
                Syd

Comment

Thanks for all the links Grayfal! And your advice StressCadet!
                  Syd

Comment

There are heaps more Aussie resorts available in RCI than II.
                    Syd

Comment

When I try to book something as an exchange within 60 days, it does not give me the option of using less credits, it just says it's exchanging with a 2br Worldmark. Maybe there's a problem with the set up of my account?
                      They originally set it up with my Worldmark SP even though the form I filled in was for Worldmark The Club. Then they cancelled and created this new account linking the US Worldmark with II Asia. I hoe that hasn't complicated things.
                      Syd

Comment

Originally posted by Sydney View Post
                        When I try to book something as an exchange within 60 days, it does not give me the option of using less credits, it just says it's exchanging with a 2br Worldmark. Maybe there's a problem with the set up of my account?
                        They originally set it up with my Worldmark SP even though the form I filled in was for Worldmark The Club. Then they cancelled and created this new account linking the US Worldmark with II Asia. I hoe that hasn't complicated things.
                        No, it won't tell you that you are using 4000 credits...WM will simply deduct 4000 credit because it's within flex period.

Comment

I hope that's the case even for II Asia. They might have different rules. I'll try to call them today to find out.
                          The problem is when I call them, they're pretty hopeless at answering any questions.
                          Syd

Comment

Thanks for the reminder. It is 4000 points, not 4500 points, + $189 exchange fee, in the 59 day window. I might be off on the exchange fee but I thought II is charging $189 for all exchanges now. I think they call it flex change and the II site does not show how many points were used. The II site shows the exchange fee and WM deducts the 4000 points. I don't remember seeing any of this at II.

Comment

Yes. It's pretty steep. RCI charged me $119 for the Tradewinds Exchange.
                              DAE is really good value compared to II and RCI. DAE has excellent customer service too and VCs who actually know their stuff. The one at II I spoke with was so woeful - didn't have a clue and couldn't even answer a simple question like which Worldmark ownership was linked to my account. I guess with any company, it depends who you get.

I'm excited with all the Marriotts in Asia and Spain I can see with II though. That should be handy in Dec/Jan 2018 (!) when we do our next big trip.
                              Syd

Comment

Working...
                              X