Anybody Heard of Stanley Krol? Scam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody Heard of Stanley Krol? Scam

I was talking to a couple different resorts, and they both asked me about this name. He or whoever it is takes money up front from owners to take their timeshare, the deed is actually transferred, then no dues are ever paid, he makes a ton of money, and all the Hoa can do is foreclose on all the memberships a year or two later. Ownersa get rid of their timeshares, but what a strain on the struggling Hoas?

I called another resort I own, and he is active there also. Wow, thats a lot of weeks just this year.

Comment

Stanley Krol

I got ripped off by him and his wife,
      Sherri this past weekend. Made promises, took my money and then came up with bogus excuses every hour on the hour while I sat home with my bags packed and nowhere to go.

Comment

In a google search, when I entered Stanley Kr, the fourth listing was Stanley Kroll. There also appears to be a Stanley Krol.

The only derogatory hit was this thread.
        RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

Wow, we sold a bunch of timeshares to him. He paid for some and not others. Then he kind of just disappeared. I was suprised to see this about him.

Comment

Stanley Krol

Did any of them happen to be in Sedona? He is advertising nationwide for a service he fails to provide and tells his victims that (insert name of choice) timeshare corporation has just undergone bankruptcy. Sorry you got taken too but I am going to at least try to warn people.

Comment

Well he did not take any money from us. We are a resale timeshare company and he bought them from us at rock bottom prices. He said that he had a golf club company and he was looking for timeshares for giveaways and vacations for clients. Not unheard of, we have had people in the past purchase a bunch of timeshares and when they reach their limit that is it. We figured that was what he was doing. He bought a dozen different timeshares in different areas that were transfered to him, none of them were Sedona.

Comment

Stanley Krol

Well, good for you but you have to spare someone to scam the rest. Glad it was not you.

Comment

Very true. It is just sad that it is happening and if he is doing the same with what he bought from us then he would not be paying the yearly MF on those. I just hate to see anyone scammed whether it be the consumer or the resort HOAs. It is a shame it happens at all.

Comment

So, emid, how is the resale business going anyway, & any idea what's going on with Trejesto?
                    RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

Lift Putter

I agree but I guess you have to rely on Karma with a little help from forums and telling your own truth. Wish you well Enid!

Comment

So what does he do?

If I understood your posting, he takes weeks off an owners hands for XXX of cash, does the title transfer and resort notification, then just doesn't pay any annual fees and waits for the HOA to repo them? Is that correct?

Greg
                        Yes it is Safe in Mexico

http://www.timeshareparadise.net

Comment

Well JLB, resale is pretty rough right now. Lots of timeshares on the market and not enough buyers. I have always thought one of the biggest problems we face in resale is the lack of education of the general public. Unless someone is educated timeshare is most often an emotional buy that someone makes on vacation. So the challenge is to find the buyers who do not know that timeshare can be purchased on the secondary market. We also face the challenge of cost and demand. With more timeshares then buyers the prices are rock bottom which makes some buyers think that there must be something wrong with the offer. I always try to explain that we are not out to break the bank, just to cover our costs and find new owners for the timeshares.

As far as Trajesto, I really can't tell you much about them. That company was started by a couple of people that worked for emidsouth some years ago. Personally I never kept in touch with them, so I really could not tell you anything about their company.

Barb

Comment

Originally posted by aliikai2 View Post
                            If I understood your posting, he takes weeks off an owners hands for XXX of cash, does the title transfer and resort notification, then just doesn't pay any annual fees and waits for the HOA to repo them? Is that correct?

Greg
                            That is what I have heard from the managers of two seperate HOAs that I belong to in Oregon and Arkansas.

Comment

Originally posted by emidsouth
                              Well JLB, resale is pretty rough right now. Lots of timeshares on the market and not enough buyers. I have always thought one of the biggest problems we face in resale is the lack of education of the general public. Unless someone is educated timeshare is most often an emotional buy that someone makes on vacation. So the challenge is to find the buyers who do not know that timeshare can be purchased on the secondary market. We also face the challenge of cost and demand. With more timeshares then buyers the prices are rock bottom which makes some buyers think that there must be something wrong with the offer. I always try to explain that we are not out to break the bank, just to cover our costs and find new owners for the timeshares.

As far as Trajesto, I really can't tell you much about them. That company was started by a couple of people that worked for emidsouth some years ago. Personally I never kept in touch with them, so I really could not tell you anything about their company.

Barb
                              I'll be right over and shovel your snow . . . soon as I get done with ours.

Comment

Working...
                              X