My top ten list...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My top ten list...

Now, here's my kind of top ten destination list...

10 Best Cities for Cheapskates - Yahoo! Finance

I haven't been to any of those cities.

I almost got to San Antonio, but wound up having to canceling that trip.
    Angela

If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

BTW, I'm still keeping track of how many times you annoy me.

Comment

Have been to San Antonio twice...really like it and would definitely go again. Otherwise, the only other place on the list that I've visited is South Bend.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtsieAng View Post
        I haven't been to any of those cities.

I almost got to San Antonio, but wound up having to canceling that trip.
        None for me either. Haven't even got close to visiting any.
        Luanne

Comment

Oh Heck! Got you all beat. I lived in San Antonio...loved it. Was disappointed with the Alamo, having only seen it on TV BEFORE living there.

Joy
          “ Peace, if it ever exists, will not be based on the fear of war but on the love of peace. ”

— Herman Wouk

Comment

I loved San Antonio, and would go there again in a heartbeat. Would move there if it wasn't so darn hot in the summer. shaggy

Comment

None

Comment

I have been to 5 of the cities, but none were on my "Gosh I would love to live here" list.
                Phyllis

Comment

7 here, I think.

(there are some fuzzy years)
                  RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

Five for me. Used to work in St. Louis and lived right outside Jonesboro, AR.

Comment

I have been to 6 of the cities. Some of them, I spent quite a lot of time at. We spent 6 months in Spokane WA which is my favorite on the list. I was a computer software consultant to Kaiser Aluminum at Spokane. I also spent several months over a span of 3 years in Wichita KS where I computerized the city's water system.

Saint Louis MO is my least favorite on the list.

I definitely wouldn't want to live in any of these places. We wouldn't live anywhere but California.
                      John

Comment

Lived in St. Louis as a kid, and have been to San Antonio on business. St. Louis DOES have a ton of free stuff to do. I remember Forest Park very fondly, and we used to go for long walks downtown to look at the riverboats and the Arch.

Comment

None. And probably only San Antonio is on my list of places to visit.
                          Traveling Broadens the mind and I want to do more French Quarter Fest in New Orleans is my favourite festival

Comment

Jonesboro Native

Maybe this explains my cheapskatedness. I grew up in Jonesboro. Now I live between there and St. Louis. I was down there last night for a friend's surprise 40th birthday party. We spent a good deal of time discussing this article and how housing prices have held constant but rent has soared over the past decade.

Mark

Comment

Live in South Bend because when hubby got out of the Army, he said, "Where do you want to live?" and I choose here. Love it as a place to live; not sure I'd call it a vacation destination, though. There is a lot to do in the area (Amish touristy stuff to the east, Chicago to the west, Lake Michigan kinda to the north, etc.), but not so much in South Bend proper. Snite art museum at Notre Dame has a ton of South American stuff and some other nice bits, but if you're talking art, I'd rather go to the Toledo Art Museum, which is stunner.

We like St. Louis (but would never go there in the summer), although we tend to spend a day or two there on the way to somewhere else. Springfield and maybe Kalamazoo are worth a day trip if you're in the area anyhow, and we've stopped in Eu Claire for a break on a travel day, but the only one on this list I'd consider going to as a vacation destination would be San Antonio, because there's a lot of cool stuff in the area. Well, and maybe Wichita, if for some arcane reason I decided I wanted to vacation on the Great Plains and didn't want to visit old pals in Denver. There are some nice museums in Wichita, including an aviation museum for hubby and a Frank Lloyd Wright house for me.

Neither one is very high up on our list, though.

Comment

Working...
                              X