II vs. RCI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• II vs. RCI

My II membership expires in August. I have been with them for 2 years now. I was thinking about moving my biannualy ownership over to RCI. I own blue time during the odd years. (I know this is not great and probably overpaid, but I did not find this place in time. I am actually embarrassed to inform you all of this.)

I know with II I can exchange for pretty much anything that is not a Marriot with II. Will I be able to do the same with RCI?

I know absolutely nothing about RCI except the membership fees are the same.

Thanks in advance!

~Tony

I think it may depend on what you own, and where you're looking to vacation/exchange into?

With RCI, you will get a set number of points for your week. The number of points allotted to your week will determine your exchange power.
    Angela

If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

BTW, I'm still keeping track of how many times you annoy me.

Comment

You might also look at your options with independent exchange companies. SFX will not take blue time generally, but you might look at:

www.daelive.com
      www.platinuminterchange.com
      www.tradingplaces.com
      www.htse.net

Most of these have free membership.

Comment

Besides knowing the name of the resort and the week or float period you own, it would be good to know what trades you have made with II in the past, what resort and when and also, how far in advance you normally look to make an exchange.

Comment

I own the at Oak N' Spruce (Silverleaf) in the Berkshires Week 50. I have not exchanged yet, that the chitty thing about all this... My wife and I just had a baby and I have all kinds of paid time off to take from work and she has none... Every time we go to make an exchange, something shoots us down and were not able to. (Personnel Life) It does not matter to me when we exchange.

Comment

On and RCI scale of 1 to 60, a 1 bdr week 50 at your resort gets a 9 and a 2 bdr gets an 11. That will not give you very many exchange options, sorry. Even last minute weeks these days can be higher than that. You could pay extra and combine two deposits to get an 18 or a 22 but that more than doubles the total overall cost for one exchange.

Comment

Agreed. I would either stay with II, or explore one of the independents mentioned above.

Comment

Thanks Philsfan, I now know why they kept me with II. It makes perfect sense now... Can I PM you another ?

Comment

Sure, go ahead.

Comment

Working...
                  X