Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please describe one of your favorite Timeshare Resorts and Vacation Experiences!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regrettably, my favorite all time is no longer there. Oh, the resort is there, but it is nowhere near what it used to be. That was the Embassy resort at Poipu, Kauai.
    Hosted breakfast every day! Hosted happy hour every day! Friendly, accomodating staff! Nope, it is just not what it used to be.

Comment

I have to say the Worldmark New Braunfels is probably one of my favorites. Surrounded by Hill Country BBQ all over the area, close to lots of fun outdoor activites and cities (Austin & San Antonio). Also, the units are some of the nicest and most comfortable I have stayed in.
      Mike H
      Wyndham Fairshare Plus Owners, Be cool and join the Wyndham/FairfieldHOA forum!

Comment

Originally posted by lawren2 View Post
        This was far harder than I thought it would be. I have been so lucky throughout all the years and have had great stays at many timeshares in many places.

Too many are still on my bucket list but there is one that I continuously go back to: Morritts in Grand Cayman. It is difficult to find beachfront caribbean island properties that aren't congested. The east end nicely covers that issue. I love that you can walk down to the pier and spend 30-45 minutes snorkeling anytime the mood strikes you. There are good restaurants and you really don't have to leave the property to enjoy yourself.

If you want crowds you can go into Georgetown and Seven Mile Beach.

A close runner up because I can walk up the beach to my dad's place is Laguna Surf, Laguna Beach, CA. Entirely different reasons. This is more like going home than going on vacation for us.
        Laguna Surf is our favorite timeshare too of the ones we own or have owned. The units are very small but we have the most wonderful memories here with our family and friends who have stayed with us over the years. Many are gone now but the memories are still with us and I have the many photos too.

When we let our family know that we had booked Laguna Surf, they immediately bought their airline tickets to come with us but my poor sister and husband never had a chance because my husband's family always beat them to it every time. Several friends stayed multiple times too so the tiny condo didn't bother them one little bit. The view makes up for it and the balcony is huge. Everything is in walking distance so very convenient and the beach is right there with some of the most beautiful sunsets.

One big advantage is that we don't need to fly to the location like our timeshares on Maui and in Puerto Vallarta. That is a big minus but we still love the timeshares there too and go ever year but we missed Maui this year for the first time in many years and still regret it. We did four weeks of Marriott exchanges instead and made a loop in May and June (Newport Coast Villas, Palm Desert (DSVII), Las Vegas (Grand Chateau) and Grand Residence at South Lake Tahoe. The studio here had a full kitchen plus a dining room area for four. We looked out on the gondola and mountain so took the gondola up when the weather was sunny and clear. The lake is as beautiful as we remember. We took a boat ride of four hours and it was spectacular to see the scenery from the water.

Every timeshare stay has been a special one so far but we have exchanged very little. We have never stayed at a timeshare yet that we didn't care for. We just returned from the Oregon coast and didn't stay in timeshares but had nice room with a fantastic view in a super location. This is what we come for.

Comment

Our best yet has been the Point at Poipu. Yeah, they don't have a resturant other than the pool bar, and you have to drive to reasonable priced places to eat. The island is the best for hiking and nearly the best for things to see and do (rafting/tubing down the irrigation canal was unique) The Hyatt next door has outstanding resturants and Roy's is another. We spent two weeks on the island this year with the first week at Kapaa Shores. Poipu was still the best. Of course it helped that the kids and granddaughter came over for the second week. Two ocean front rooms next door was perfect. We cook in the room or bar-b-que most of the time.

The Royal Palm at St. Maarten was a close second. We had great fun at the swim-up bar and the resturants across the road were easy to get to and worth the walk. I thought the snorkeling was better than Hawaii. The big drawback for us is that we live in the west coast and makes a long trip

Europe soon...;-)

Tom

Comment

Sorry for resurrecting an older thread, but it's still relevant. Just had to add another vote for Attitash. We used to stay in the area once in a while when I was a kid. 20 years later, my wife and I sort of found Attitash by accident. Now we're owners there and really, the best vacations of my life have been there. Just such a great home base for the White Mountains, and my 5-year-old has now grown up vacationing there and loves it as well. One of these years I'm going to try staying in Lincoln instead just for a change, but the North Conway area is just too convenient to everything we like to visit.

Comment

http://www.timeshareforums.com/forum...oliday-and-why
              RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

I really had a good time at Atlantis @ Harborside. We went at kind of off peak time (mid January) so the resort was not as crowded. The weather was perfect, 78-80 degrees everyday. Unfortunately the Harborside pool was being renovated, but that didnt matter much. I thought the accomodations were very nice too. The one big thing was lack of internet access in our room, but actually we ended up kind of liking it. We talked about how it was like the old days before the internet, and how you were forced to spend more time with your company. We pretty much ate breakfast at the villa, paked a sandwih and beer for lunch at the pool, and then usually ate out for dinner. We ended up with only about $250 charged to the room, which I was quite happy with. The Atlantis waterpark is awesome, and I actually preferred the pools to the beach! Maybe becuse there was no rif-raff trying to sell you stuff at the pools vs at the public beach. The water was perfect temperature too, it must get warmed up by the sun. We ventured out to the straw market and Senor Frogs one night and that was fun. BUt we did feel a little trapped on Paradise Island, as a car rental would be expensive, and cabs are pretty pricey there too (at night, really no jitney/water taxi). Most of this is because of the "cab union". All in all, it was definitely my most favorite vacation. It'll be a hard one to top. I'll have to try hawaii to see how it compares.

A "honorable mention" goes to Wyndham Skline tower in Atlantic City. It's very well kept and gave me my first foray into timeshare travel. Mind you this was done in probably a non-gracious way, I rented 2 days via Extra Holidays from Wyndham (and overpaid, haha, and least it wasnt a developer week contract!) It was here that I started to ask myself how much the rental would have cost me from a timeshare perspective (point cost and what not), and this led me to the timeshare forums.

Still not an owner yet, but am seriously looking into Starwood, resale of course. Will likely go with a lower priced 1 BR and trade via Interval, as I have no kids and my vacation time is flexible.

Comment

I really have 2 favorites. One is based mainly on location plus timeshare. The other is based mainly on the timeshare resort.

Favorite location and timeshare was at the Hilton Grand Vacation Club on Avenue of The Americas ( 6th Ave. ) in New York City. We have also stayed at the Manhattan Club and HGVC West 57th Street in NYC but we far prefer the Hilton Grand Vacation Club. We love visiting New York and don't get tired of it.

Our favorite resorts are the Grand Mayans in Riviera Maya and Nuevo Vallarta in Mexico. The Grand Mayans are very elegant with superb service and amenities. We prefer the Riviera Maya location because of the cultural attractions.

We also like Waikiki but it is a distant second to NYC.
                  John

Comment

Working...
                  X