No announcement yet.

Opinions about timeshare companies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really haven't had any negative experiences for the last 15 years. Prior to that I had a negative experience with RCI so I cancelled my membership and haven't had anything to do with them since. I also dropped II because they couldn't get the exchanges I wanted. For the last 15 years I have used SFX exclusively and have been very happy with them.

As far as the resorts go, my first timeshare I bought some 24 years ago was San Luis Bay Inn when it was a Glen Ivy property. We bought it before the resort was open and were very happy with the Glen Ivy PSE system. A couple years later we bought at the Gaslamp Plaza Suites which is a VRI property and we have been very happy with it. I ended up selling the SLB timeshare a few years ago because we had 17 weeks banked at SFX due to my using a lot of bonus weeks and also we take a lof of non-timeshare vacations. I kept the Gaslamp Plaza Suites for the bonus time in downtown San Diego. I also sold several of my banked weeks at SFX.

Basically I have nothing bad to say about my resorts nor my exchange company SFX.

Having said that, we actually now prefer staying in upscale hotel resorts with all the amenities like room service, housekeeping, etc. Having a kitchen is not important as we never eat any meals in our unit. We are fine as long as we have a refrigerator. We don't care for the standard timeshare condo type so common in the US timeshares. We do love the Grand Mayan resorts in Mexico which are truly 5* luxury resorts with all the amenities and service. We have stayed 10 weeks at the Grand Mayans in Riviera Maya and Nuevo Vallarta. However we don't go to Mexico anymore so the luxury timeshares are out. Now we only go to New York City and Waikiki. Our last stay in NYC at the Hilton Vacation Club on 6th avenue in Manhattan was the same as staying in an upscale hotel as the timeshares are actually part of the Hilton Hotel.

I would not buy a timeshare now because there are much better options for us including renting a timeshare if we wanted one.
    John

Comment

Working...
    X