No announcement yet.

Any timeshare deal includes the cruise?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any timeshare deal includes the cruise?

Few years ago we bought a $199 package from Summer Bay Resorts, FL that sent us to these places for 3 nights each with presentations: Costa Rica, Daytona Beach, Cancun and they also had the cruise from Florida that we didn't use. We only paid for airline tickets. And we had great time in all these trips.

Now my girlfriend wants to go to the some cruise bad, and I can't motivate myself almost at all. 3 of her friends recently went to cruises and were very happy, however, 2 of them are retired couples. And another guy is the type of person that is always bored, and needs something to do and to be entertained all the time.

Now all quotes for cruises that by girlfriend finds are like this: $999/person from SF, or $599/person from San Diego to West Mexico, or $599/person from Florida or Texas and similar. I just can't see why I will be happy to be on the boat for 7 nights with 2 day stops in Mexico for example. Driving to San Diego, being bored on the boat and pay all this money. Aren't we better off just flying to Mexico and renting a car there for a few days? Will be much cheaper too and we will have much more freedom.

Now I remember about that Summer Bay Resorts package and regret we didn't use the cruse back then. It was almost free to us, among all these other trips.

Now my questions are:
    Are there any similar (low cost) packages available now, allowing us to go to maybe several destinations with timeshare presentations and maybe also including some cruise?

Is cruising really that much fun? I just can't motivate myself to spend $1500+ for 2 to have the privilege of being stuck on the boat for a week and only see the land for 2 days. I normally like to explore things, to go places, not necessarily expensive places. Had great time driving in Yucatan peninsula in Mexico, driving in Costa Rica, in Georgia (country). Now not sure about the cruise.

I don't enjoy cruises for the sake of being on a cruise. Many people do. For me it is all about seeing something that I haven't seen before. I have cruised Alaska and the Bahamas. I want to go back to Alaska for a land trip. I'd rather take a boat out for a day to look at glaciers than to have 3 days of being on a boat looking at glaciers.

I don't know of any TS presentations that offer cruises. There are likely some. Have you searched cruisecritic.com? It is a forum for cruises of all types.

Comment

Working...
    X