Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does your resort have it's own resales without a developer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does your resort have it's own resales without a developer?

Does your resort have it's own resales without a developer?

Morning

Just wondering how common it is to have a resort where there is a resale operation onsite when there is no longer a developer ?

How do older resorts help/handle owners who want to sell? Keeping ts's in paying owners hands is very important.

Yes and I was just talking with the resort manager yesterday and they are going to offer a trial ownership program for 1-3 years in addition to resales. We also have a deed back program in effect.

Comment

My UK and NC resorts both do so, but not with sales staff. Both use their websites and provide lists to those using the resort, which are included in check-in materials. My NC resort has used lots of other proactive measures to sell HOA weeks.

Comment

Tia: Sanibel Beach Club. The first 'purpose-built' timeshare in the US. I just bought resale thru the in-house program and have our first week up for sale (we only want to own one week).

Also, TKenoyer handles four other resorts on Sanibel: Sanibel Beach Club II, Lighthouse Resort and Club, Caribe Beach Resort, and Shell Island Beach Club. I'm sure there are other examples.

Carolinian's post reminded me that the SBC resales are handled partly by the on-site staff but are listed by VRI. So you may want to check the VRI website and see how they handle resales.
        BWolf
        Last edited by BWolf; 02-09-2013, 08:45 AM. Reason: clarification

Comment

Thanks for everyone's replies to this topic so far!

Comment

Yes our Ridge Tahoe Resort in Lake Tahoe Nv has had one for years now that sell and rent your unit! We have rented out few weeks and bought a even unit from them. Last two vacation up and we sold our every year unit and last year our odd year unit and they helped with the paper work because both buyers were owners like us.

I have always posted that best time to sell is when at your resort on vacation! We sold a unit last two years to other owners as we have cut back since dd moved to Texas and they just had their first child. We still own a even year Tower unit with July 4th week booked again for 2014.

PHILL12
            PHILL12
            Last edited by PHILL12; 03-02-2013, 03:27 PM.

Comment

Our two remaining resorts both offer resales to the best level they can given the contracts that exist for a developer/retail sales group to be onsite. In one case the Developer is still holding on over 20 years after construction based on a self-serving "agreement" for developer sales presence authored when the resort was built. It was stretched way beyond the original intent by the introduction of a points system vs the original floating weeks model. However they do now have an end date (still 4+ years off) when that exclusive right to sell on site ends. Until then the HOA Board is doing all they can to offer owners other ways to sell / rent. To date it isn't perfect but handles better than 90% of the requests to sell. Once the exclusivity ends the first requirement of any group brought in to handle sales on site (if any are - likely to be yes as it generates income for the Association to help offset fees) will be that they agree to handle owner resales and probably rentals. There has to be a reasonable way for an owner to resell their time without resorting to the all too prevalent, questionable at best resale groups not based at a resort.

The second resort no longer has a Developer based on site sales presence but does have a group contracted to handle those sales. While they do not offer resale services directly to the Owners it has allowed a system of "deed back" for the resort to work. They know they have an outlet for weeks accepted and thus, with a prepayment of fees, can take the risk of accepting ownerships in the name of the Association and then reselling them to new owners. It also helps maintain a floor price for those that choose to market their ownerships on their own.

Both resorts are under Owner controlled HOA's and that has been a big help in assuring that there are ways to resell weeks when owners find they need to for whatever reason.

Comment

Working...
              X