Fiji, French Polynesian, Australia or New Zealand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fiji, French Polynesian, Australia or New Zealand

I'm looking for a place for a wedding gift/honeymoon week.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Originally posted by JLB View Post
    I'm looking for a place for a wedding gift/honeymoon week.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Are you planning on gifting a TS week?

I have been to Fiji (Okay, ONLY the airport!) Australia and New Zealand.

In New Zealand, there are TSs in the Bay Of Island area - I did a day trip from Auckland - that would be lovely to spend 5-7 days plus 3 days in Auckland proper.
    The landscape in NZ is spectacular, really gorgeous and diverse! Also a day trip from Auckland is Rotorua and its' thermal springs...wonderful..

Also really enjoyed Australia, I am planning a return trip to Sydney and Melbourne and first visit to Cairns (Thanks Sydney!) to see the Great Barrier Reef in 2014
    Pat
    *** My Website ***

Comment

Yup.

I looked at the two available RCI resorts in Fiji and French Polynesian and they did not seem worthy of the trip necessary to get there.

In my mind I am picturing a resorts with thatched-roof "huts" over the water on the beach. We've all seen that picture haven't we?
      RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

Yup.

I looked at the two available RCI resorts in Fiji and French Polynesian and they did not seem worthy of the trip necessary to get there.

In my mind I am picturing a resorts with thatched-roof "huts" over the water on the beach. We've all seen that picture haven't we?
        I think maybe Bali??? Possibly Fuji - not Aus/NZ!
        Pat
        *** My Website ***

Comment

That sounds more like Vanatu or Tahiti...

Comment

What time of year would they be using the week? What age group are the couple?

Comment

Doesn't WorldMark deposit Fiji - Denerau Island in RCI? It is very nice.

and yes that is an odd question for me to ask but I don't search that area.
              Lawren
              ------------------------
              There are many wonderful places in the world, but one of my favourite places is on the back of my horse.
              - Rolf Kopfle

Comment

Originally posted by CarolF View Post
                What time of year would they be using the week? What age group are the couple?
                October

Comment

October

The weather is very nice in Fiji and French Polynesia, warm and not too much rain. It is the middle of spring in Australia. In the Top End, Darwin's October weather is tropical, up to a top daily average of 33°C (91°F). Cairns would also hit above 30°C (86°F). In most of the other capital cities, average top temperature would hover around the 20°C (68°F) mark with Hobart at an average high of around 18°C (64°F) and Sydney 22°C (72°F). New Zealand is a little cooler -
                  http://www.tourism.net.nz/new-zealan...l#temperatures.

You might want to consider the cost of living prices in the decision too. They may find food, petrol prices etc in all the options quite expensive (if they are from the US). Somewhere in Asia may be more affordable - Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand all have reasonable cost of living prices. Asia often attracts a younger crowd than Fiji and possibly New Zealand. Friends (in their mid 20's) recently stayed at Denerau Island and loved it, they were adored by all the "elderly people" staying there (I didn't like to ask how old is "elderly"). I guess it depends what the couple like doing too, beach/city/hiking/theme parks.

Comment

I thought of you when this arrived in my inbox.

Golden Palm Tree Resort & Spa - the prices are Australian dollars.

http://experiences.ouffer.com/7-nigh...7c58b20bee4de#

Comment

There's an over water bungalow in Tahiti timeshare. You can exchange there with RCI.
                      I also own Worldmark credits and can book Worldmark Fiji, but it's not a bargain, even if I just charge you my cost. Also, it's a family resort so may be no good for honeymoon, although it is by the water and has a great pool.
                      Syd

Comment

Thanks.

They picked Fiji, on their own.

Comment

Working...
                        X