X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chriskre View Post
    Nice, the penthouse.
    Unit envy here.
    Yeah, it was beautiful. I got it from the post of a generous fellow timesharer who was releasing it on short notice. Otherwise I never would have gotten it based on my deposit.
    Jacki

Comment

I like this thread. Favorite unit is totally different than favorite location...though both probably play a part in your overall satisfaction. I like a lot of locations but that doesn't necessarily mean they have nice units...but you are happy never the less.

If I had to choose, I think I'm going with Grand Mayan Nuevo Vallarta. The units are beyond spacious. Pillows, seating areas and bedding all over the place. Flat screens in 3 locations. Beautiful bathrooms and a personal soaking pool on the balcony. We could have easily shared it with a second family and never felt cramped..yet it was just the four of us. No oven-but a cooktop. I remember the blender was very high end and fabulous. We would buy the little cartons of frozen strawberries with cream and make smoothies for the kids to take the pool. Great memories!

Comment

[QUOTE=chriskre;534278]I love anything with an ocean view or other gorgeous view. I'm all about the view that the unit gets. QUOTE]

Same for me and because of that I can't just pick one so my three favorite units so far have been.

1) Residence at the Crane, Barbados. This was the largest 1BR 2 bath unit I have ever stayed in with gorgeous Ocean front views. I think this 1Br was around 1,200 square feet plus nice balcony. All mahogony furniture with huge master BR and bath.

2) I am an owner at Windjammer landing St. Lucia where the views are to die for but one year I also got upgraded to one of the Oceanfront new Hibiscus units with large Jacussi hot tub on the biggest balcony we have ever had overlooking the beach and ocean. In additon to hot tub they had a huge dining room table with six chairs on the balcony.

3) Westin Lagunnamar had a great modern 2BR unit with direct ocean an pool views that was spectacular.
        LARRY

Comment

Sorry I just have to add two more.

1) Herod's Palace Eilat Israel- Although this 1BR unit was more like a luxury suite at a Ritz Carlton with no real kithchen it was spectacular with the best feature being a nice 14th floor balcony with palm trees, flowers and seating for 2. We had direct views of their gorgeous pools and the beach, promenade plus the Red Sea.

2) Westin Kierland even though I don't recall if we had any view the spacious modern 2BR units are really nice.
          LARRY

Comment

The Cliffs at Long Creek, which is all Presidential units. Five bedrooms, living room upstairs, family room downstairs, a film room, a great view (if you're in the lower row -- good view from the upper, but you're looking over roofs a bit), deck above with big padded chairs, screened porch below, and more square feet than we have at home. Usually we like that we've got a smaller unit on vacation than we do at home, because we end up spending more time hanging out together, but somehow we achieve a good balance at the Cliffs despite the space.

Non-presidential is tougher, but if you don't count the view (which I totally do), probably the Orlando Sunshine I units. The layout really works well for us, and the extra table in the kitchen makes a big difference (don't have to chase eldest son and hubby off the table every time we want to eat!), plus I liked having the island there to steer traffic. Actually I liked the view we had from our particular unit alright, but we've had so many so much nicer that it just doesn't compare. And the chairs on the porch were soooo comfy -- I love sitting out on the porch while on vacation, but a lot of the places we've stayed at, the chairs on the porch were so uncomfortable I wouldn't last long (I fractured my tailbone and it still gives me trouble).

I suspect my choices are quirky because an efficient kitchen is a big deal for me. The only thing I didn't like about the Cliffs is that the kitchen is too big and spread out! It didn't really bother me, because my one at home is worse, but I love having a small, very efficient kitchen at the resorts, and I knock points off when the oven door or some drawers can't open all the way or if the kitchen is otherwise unusually awkward to work with. I like so many things about the 3BRs at Mountain Run (the three porches, the layout, the view from a good percentage of the units, and the location), but I hate, hate, hate the kitchens.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobbitess View Post
              The Cliffs at Long Creek, which is all Presidential units. Five bedrooms, living room upstairs, family room downstairs, a film room, a great view (if you're in the lower row -- good view from the upper, but you're looking over roofs a bit), deck above with big padded chairs, screened porch below, and more square feet than we have at home. Usually we like that we've got a smaller unit on vacation than we do at home, because we end up spending more time hanging out together, but somehow we achieve a good balance at the Cliffs despite the space.
              Speaking of Johnny Morris, the rumor is I may be working for him at my summer job.

RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

We love the 3brs at Villas at Fairway in the Poconos. They're like a huge house! The kitchen is enormous, there's a little back porch for hanging out, and the bedrooms are good-sized. Some even have their own private sauna!

Comment

Tough one for me - I love MOST of the timeshare units we've stayed in - it's the reason I got so into timesharing. For INSIDE the unit only I can get rid of the beachfront views I've loved so much at Morritt's Grand, though those units are very nice...

My favorite would be Wyndham Kona Hawaiian Resort. Traded in through SFX and then bought. The Tommy Bahama Hawaiiana decor interior, combined with the spacious lanai with overhead fan for outdoor dining... heaven.

Runner up would be Marriott Harbour Club. Really spacious and comfortable two bedroom, nicely furnished, with big jacuzzis in both bedrooms... I ended up buying there but have since sold.

Comment

Pacific Shores on Vancouver Island, the 2BR sleep-8 overlooking the water. Spectacular, and this is out of a *lot* of great trades.

Comment

We made the mistake of buying all our timeshares from the developer but we bought right. We bought for use at a location where we would love to live all year long. All are on the beach but our favorite one is the closest one to home as we do not have to fly and rent a car or even pack much. This is our most worry free vacation of all and we now rent a second week as a week is just too short.

Comment

Originally posted by Nancy View Post
                        Only thinking about the unit itself, not location or additional amenities, what is your favorite timeshare?

Do you own there or did you trade there? If trade, which trading company did you use?
                        Did not read your original post. Our Marriott 2 BR unit on Maui (MM1) is the nicest one inside but has the worst balcony of all and that is where we like to live as we come for the view and sound of the ocean but the resort and location (Ka'anapali Beach) are beautiful. All our other timeshares have a great balcony but Maui or any of the Hawaiian Islands are paradise. We do not exchange so do not know about other nice places out there and I would just rent as it is easier.

Comment

Probably the most beautiful unit we have ever stayed in is at Stoneridge Townhomes in Sun River Oregon. It was so well stocked with cookware, dishes, glasses and even champagne glasses that we could have hosted a dinner party for at least 2 dozen people. Huge stone fireplace in the living room. My next favourite would be Rancho Manana in Cave Creek AZ also huge units with two master suites and top of the line appliances. It was closed for awhile but I think DRI has taken it over?

Lynn

Comment

Favorite unit (not counting location or amenities) is Lawrence Welk original 2 bedroom units in Escondido. It is driving distance for us & our children & grandkids love to go with us. We exchange in at least once a year. The units are huge, with a large well equipped kitchen, washer & dryer, lots of closet space, comfortable furniture & with a large patio & easy parking. Sometimes we get a nice view, too.
                            The legitimate object of Government is to do for a community of people whatever they need to have done but cannot do at all or cannot do so well for themselves”- Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by LynnW View Post
                              Probably the most beautiful unit we have ever stayed in is at Stoneridge Townhomes in Sun River Oregon. It was so well stocked with cookware, dishes, glasses and even champagne glasses that we could have hosted a dinner party for at least 2 dozen people. Huge stone fireplace in the living room. My next favourite would be Rancho Manana in Cave Creek AZ also huge units with two master suites and top of the line appliances. It was closed for awhile but I think DRI has taken it over?

Lynn
                              I forgot about Ranch Mañana. We loved that unit. We used an AC from II years ago to stay there. The kitchen was to die for. Some are privately owned & then the timeshare company handling the rest of the units folded. Now Diamond has signed them as an affiliate so a few exchanges show up but they are not always the 2 master bedroom units.
                              The legitimate object of Government is to do for a community of people whatever they need to have done but cannot do at all or cannot do so well for themselves”- Lincoln

Comment

Most people's opinions are based on what is important to them which is natural. I see a lot of people mention kitchens as being important. For us, we do don't care about having a kitchen as we don't cook any meals when on vacation. All we need is a decent refrigerator for snacks and drinks, and maybe a microwave.
                                John

Comment

Working...
                                X