No announcement yet.

Favorite Timeshare Unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My favorite timeshare for the unit only is the Grand Beach Resort in Kissimmee Florida. We stayed in a 3 bedroom.

Comment

Originally posted by JWC View Post
      Most people's opinions are based on what is important to them which is natural. I see a lot of people mention kitchens as being important. For us, we do don't care about having a kitchen as we don't cook any meals when on vacation. All we need is a decent refrigerator for snacks and drinks, and maybe a microwave.
      It's definitely a personal opinion type of question. I've stayed in plenty of "partial kitchen" units & as long as there are decent barbecues on property, I'm fine with that. If we ate out everyday on vacation we couldn't afford to go as often as we do.
      The legitimate object of Government is to do for a community of people whatever they need to have done but cannot do at all or cannot do so well for themselves”- Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by barndweller View Post
        It's definitely a personal opinion type of question. I've stayed in plenty of "partial kitchen" units & as long as there are decent barbecues on property, I'm fine with that. If we ate out everyday on vacation we couldn't afford to go as often as we do.
        Also, I really don't like eating every meal out. We're not big breakfast eaters so we prefer to eat breakfast in. Then we'll usually alternate lunches and dinners out. When our girls were small we ate in a lot.
        Luanne

Comment

Originally posted by Glitter Brunello View Post
          Tough one for me - I love MOST of the timeshare units we've stayed in - it's the reason I got so into timesharing. For INSIDE the unit only I can get rid of the beachfront views I've loved so much at Morritt's Grand, though those units are very nice...

My favorite would be Wyndham Kona Hawaiian Resort. Traded in through SFX and then bought. The Tommy Bahama Hawaiiana decor interior, combined with the spacious lanai with overhead fan for outdoor dining... heaven.

Runner up would be Marriott Harbour Club. Really spacious and comfortable two bedroom, nicely furnished, with big jacuzzis in both bedrooms... I ended up buying there but have since sold.
          I have always loved these units...sooo Hawaiian. On my list of where to stay next. I have only seen the units in pictures..but I've probably looked at hundreds of them. Just need to see them in person, now.

Comment

1) Residence at the Crane, Barbados. This was the largest 1BR 2 bath unit I have ever stayed in with gorgeous Ocean front views. I think this 1Br was around 1,200 square feet plus nice balcony. All mahogony furniture with huge master BR and bath.

r.
            Darn, I forgot about this one - and you are correct, a REALLY nice unit with a spectacular view
            Pat
            *** My Website ***

Comment

Originally posted by StressCadet View Post
              I have always loved these units...sooo Hawaiian. On my list of where to stay next. I have only seen the units in pictures..but I've probably looked at hundreds of them. Just need to see them in person, now.
              They're really nice. Probably one of our favorite places in Kona. Only thing that would make them better is if they were on the water.
              Luanne

Comment

Originally posted by Luanne View Post
                They're really nice. Probably one of our favorite places in Kona. Only thing that would make them better is if they were on the water.
                Agree, but this was a "unit only" thread! Not much on the water on the BI, at least not in Kona, is there?

Comment

Originally posted by barndweller View Post
                  Favorite unit (not counting location or amenities) is Lawrence Welk original 2 bedroom units in Escondido. It is driving distance for us & our children & grandkids love to go with us. We exchange in at least once a year. The units are huge, with a large well equipped kitchen, washer & dryer, lots of closet space, comfortable furniture & with a large patio & easy parking. Sometimes we get a nice view, too.
                  It is the same for us plus something about LW relaxes me as soon as I walk in the door. Any clues to what it might be? I'm asking this because if I ever figure it out I will remodel my house to get the same feel.
                  Bart
                  I live to vacation and vacation to live.

Comment

Originally posted by Glitter Brunello View Post
                    Agree, but this was a "unit only" thread! Not much on the water on the BI, at least not in Kona, is there?
                    True. Just a comment. And you are right, there aren't any timeshares that are really on the water in Kona.
                    Luanne

Comment

Originally posted by Icc5 View Post
                      It is the same for us plus something about LW relaxes me as soon as I walk in the door. Any clues to what it might be? I'm asking this because if I ever figure it out I will remodel my house to get the same feel.
                      Bart
                      Those units were originally built to be private condos but the builder sold to Welk Corporation that decided to go the timeshare route. They feel more like a home than most timeshares of the same caliber. They are arranged so that you aren't staring out at another building. And most units are only 2 stories. I really don't like the high rise timeshares. They feel too much like a hotel, all those long hallways. Last year we stayed in the new units up on the hill. The rooms are much, much smaller. Still very nice but they just don't have that homey feel the original units have.
                      The legitimate object of Government is to do for a community of people whatever they need to have done but cannot do at all or cannot do so well for themselves”- Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                      X