Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you have trouble using everything you own?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you have trouble using everything you own?

Yes and No

We own several RCI weeks, but have been unable
    to find places and dates where we would like to go.

We no longer have our Internal International weeks
    & miss out on all the Marriotts exchanges and AC`s.

It was alway exciting to pick up a Marriott exchange
    Fairways Villas, Fords Colony, Myrtle Beach, Orlando.

Comment

I am going to need to get something. I am currently timeshare free. if you were to start over from scratch, what would you get?

Comment

I pretty much started over a couple of years ago. I bought 4 weeks at Acadia Village Resort in Maine- a resort we go to about 2 times a year that trades well, gets a bonus week, and doesn't have high fees. We found we didn't want to go on that many vacations and gave a weeks stay to the cat sitter this year and recently sold our August week there (too crowded that week with tourists). I have another week up for sale and if that goes, I'll be looking to replace it with a another week that we like to go there with.
        About 10 years ago I owned 9 timeshares and after one year with 12 vacation weeks taken, I started to slim down to a more reasonable number. A few years into this century I sensed that tough times would be coming, so I sold all but one timeshare I had by the time the great recession hit. So I've had too many weeks and as little as one week. I've managed to use all the weeks and bonus weeks with the exception of the one I gave away this year, a week we couldn't go on because of illness, and some that I rented out in Mexico.

Comment

If I could start over, I would probably just get the one CMV unit and a small BG points package. The CMV is quite efficient and if used properly you can book and deposit with enough exchange companies to get everything you want and need.

Originally posted by rapmarks View Post
          I am going to need to get something. I am currently timeshare free. if you were to start over from scratch, what would you get?

Comment

I generally have more than I need but it suits my barter nature to get other things I need, and having too much allows for some finer trips than I might take if I had only what I needed. Points ownerships do provide more flexibility but the dayjob doesn't follow suit ; )

Comment

I seem to have more than I need. When I buy resale points related stuff, they are normally loaded. I've ended up booking full weeks to deposit because I know I won't get to using all of them soon enough.

Weeks are generally just not good for us. Between being self employed and having a lot of animals at home, it's cost prohibitive to take a full week off. I really wanted a Villa L'auberge week and a MDSV week. So, I ended up buying those. Now, I need to figure out if there is an easy way to rent the unused parts of our weeks. I'm guessing not, but it's something I'll look into someday.

Comment

I think it's easy to overbuy once you get in the system and learn a little. I just stopped looking at eBay.

If I were to cut one loose it would be my 7000 pt Waikaloa Beach Resort.

My 1BR Seapointe keeps me in HGVC at 6200 pts and also allows access to GPX and RCI and day use/bonus time.

My Gaslamp gets me bonus time and weeks in the VRI system and I just deposited my week there with SFX.

You can make a little go a long way with all the various affiliations these days.

Comment

Originally posted by gandalf252002 View Post
                  If I could start over, I would probably just get the one CMV unit and a small BG points package. The CMV is quite efficient and if used properly you can book and deposit with enough exchange companies to get everything you want and need.
                  "Small points package" of BG thru Pinnacle to get the bells and whistles. Includes RCI/BG portal, RCI weeks account and RCI Points account. All you need to pay for is an II account for those Marriott/Starwood/Hyatt exchanges
                  Pat
                  *** My Website ***

Comment

I am overdeeeded. My biggest disappointment is not getting to use my EOY Kona Hawaiian Resort ownership - I need to give that one up.

Comment

Heck no.....I use everything I've got if I can.

Comment

Originally posted by gandalf252002 View Post
                        If I could start over, I would probably just get the one CMV unit and a small BG points package.
                        Ditto, if you mean a CMV with weeks as well as points. Although we do alright with our points ownership; it stretches well for our purposes.

Comment

Originally posted by rapmarks View Post
                          Although I am loving my CMV UDI, I think the blended units would have been a better option for me.
                          Most people rent their red week. I guess I could but haven't gotten to it yet.
                          If you aren't going to rent that red week you may enjoy having a BG points option.

I am pretty happy with my portfolio now only because I own two biennials and two triennials.
                          If they were all annuals, things would be even worse trying to use everything.
                          I get so much value out of CMV that I tend to use those exchanges over what I own, but
                          as we all know, this could be subject to change and I don't want to be without options
                          in case that happens.

Comment

Working...
                          X