Beware Timsharing Today magazine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beware Timsharing Today magazine

I dropped my subscription to this magazine a few years ago because I never found it all that useful. Several months ago, I got in invitation to subscribe for a drastically reduced price and decided to give them another try. I still don't find them to have more than an article or two worth reading, so didn't plan to renew. I got a postcard in the mail recently with the following message:

"Your subscription is expiring with the next issue of Timesharing Today. But you too can keep smiling when we renew your subscription for one year ($19 for 6 issues) with your credit card information that we have on file."

The further indicated that I was required to return the postcard if I didn't want to renew, otherwise they would enter the renewal for me.

No reputable business would even consider charging my credit card with no authorization from me. Nor am I required to return a postcard to them to keep them from doing it. I'm reasonably certain that I never agreed to that when I subscribed, but I am extremely annoyed that I had to take my time to contact them and will now have to look for the original subscription offer.

This was very bad judgment on their part and I suggest you avoid doing business with them. I certainly will in the future.

Sheila

Wow, I am very surprised at this shady action.

I, too, won't renew my subscription. I have been with them for 15 years or so, but I don't find their articles useful anymore either, and their classifieds are full of people asking outrageous prices.
    Jacki

Comment

They have done nothing for us, never mentioning TS4Ms in their magazine. I also did not renew after about 14 years of being a subscriber and no longer will recommend the magazine to anyone. It's just old news and not much of that.

Comment

My DH jokingly refers to the magazine as Timesharing Yesteryear

Comment

Shep has done a lot of good for timeshare. I am surprised at the postcard.

Comment

Yeah, it used to be our main voice, or way to communicate.
            RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

I found Timesharing Today useful, once upon a time. However, the two principals exhibited both "controlling" and "we know what's best" attitudes that were counterproductive. I dropped my subscription and am the better off for it.

Comment

Originally posted by eal View Post
                My DH jokingly refers to the magazine as Timesharing Yesteryear
                I laughed out loud to that one!

I have respect for Shep and Ray for all that they have done over the years. However, Ray is now retired, and Shep doesn't appear to be as active as before. I can't recall the new "member" of their team- but if this post is accurate I'd guess it's a good indication a new someone is now calling the shots..
                my travel website: Vacation-Times.org.

"A vacation is what you take when you can no longer take what you’ve been taking."
                ~Earl Wilson

Comment

Working...
                X