Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was your absolute best and worst trades?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After 25 + exchanges, we haven't had a bad one yet.
    Our favorites are probably:
    1. early August at Outer Banks Beach Club I. On the ocean, well maintained, in a great locale.
    2. late August at Island Park Resort, 22 miles west of Yellowstone Park. Location, location, location!

Comment

DaveHenry, that's good to know. We hope to visit Yellowstone but had thought of staying at the Worldmark near there.
      Syd

Comment

I have limited experience compared to most, but my best exchange so far has probably been the trade of a 2 bedroom white week at CMV for our 2 bedroom and Grand Rockies in Alberta next year. However I have gotten a couple of prime summer weeks through platinum for some off season, albeit holiday weeks in NC.

Haven't had a bad exchange, but I did use and exchange of a full week to go to Bluewater Villas in Huntsville. It was not a valuable exchange by any means, and it gave us an opportunity to check it out. I would have to say the most tired resort we went to was the one in Beaupre Quebec a few years back. Ok location, but they were 3 storey apartment buildings that had been converted into timeshare units.

Comment

Originally posted by gandalf252002 View Post

t. I would have to say the most tired resort we went to was the one in Beaupre Quebec a few years back. Ok location, but they were 3 storey apartment buildings that had been converted into timeshare units.
          Would this be the resort Angela posted about a the top of this thread?

And I thought about this all day. Thanks to a sighting by Lawren I booked the Residence Massena in Nice, France using week 29 Island Park Village. I felt French staying in this unit a short block from the Mediterranean Sea...just fabulous. I have an ongoing request with RCI right now for 2015. My favorite exchange.
          GrayFal
          Silver Contributor and supermoderator
          Last edited by GrayFal; 10-14-2013, 06:07 PM.
          Pat
          *** My Website ***

Comment

Like others have said, we stayed at Club Vacances Toutes Saisons in Beaupre Quebec (I think probably same place as Angela, but run by different groups) and they were pretty bad. Think we only stayed a couple of nights.

Nancy

Comment

I once used an AC for a Manhattan Club Penthouse Unit - great score! Loved, loved, loved my favorite unit - an oceanfront at Barony Beach.

Worst units have to be those quirky EU locations, but they frankly some have been my best exchanges due to location. A quirky apartment in Venice is still iN Venice - so who am I to complain?

Maria

Comment

Actually it was Condo-Québec Au Scandinave (#3034) St Ferreol les Neiges, QC G0A 3R0, Canada

Beaupre was the name of the only place I could remember other than Quebec City. Mine actually had a lower RCI rating, so if Angela's was bad, I can just imagine what she would think of this one. My mom still enjoyed it, but it was also one of her first experiences so she hadn't had a lot of exposure. It was cheap though, last minute and in the summer so we couldn't beat the price.

Originally posted by GrayFal View Post
                Would this be the resort Angela posted about a the top of this thread?

Comment

Originally posted by Sydney View Post
                  Our best was the Houses at Summer Bay. We loved having our own heated pool by the lake.
                  We stayed 3 weeks back to back there in fall of 2012. lovely and large unit, and we went skinny dipping everyday but oh what fun. Also have stayed at Sloane Garden Club in London, and Edinburgh Residence in Scotland and again lovely units and staff. So MANY over the years, gorgoeus units Stouts Hill, Brantridge Park, many of the DeVere properties, Royal Resorts in Cancun { we own there also}etc, etc etc. many of them multiple times. Timesharing has been a great run!! So any wonderful exchanges, Hiltons , oh so many. I could go on for hours. Schloss Grubhof into their plum unit, the one in the pic in the directory. They told me that was accidental deposit into RCI. that they never deposit it. I was indeed VERY lucky!
                  O.P. what a fun thread! Thank you! I am doing some great reminiscing !
                  GrayFal
                  Last edited by GrayFal; 10-15-2013, 11:02 AM. Reason: misspelling. Fixed quote

Comment

Originally posted by mav View Post
                    We stayed 3 weeks back to back there in fall of 2012. lovely and large unit, and we went skinny dipping everyday but oh what fun.
                    TMI! (Too much info)

Comment

Haven't had a bad one yet thanks to all the advice & reviews available on this forum and others. Most disappointing was at Hyatt Pinion Point in Sedona. Although it was a 2 bedroom, the living room space was tiny, the kitchen a joke, the walls like tissue paper & the view was of a dirt hillside a few feet from the sliding doors. I got this with a studio trade so I can't really complain too much but I wouldn't choose that resort again. Best trade so far is probably Disney Boardwalk Villas using an AC with II. It was in the winter but the weather was great & there were no crowds of people so our week was really enjoyable. No dining reservations needed back in those days so we ate wherever & whenever we wanted with no waiting.
                      The legitimate object of Government is to do for a community of people whatever they need to have done but cannot do at all or cannot do so well for themselves”- Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by barndweller View Post
                        Haven't had a bad one yet thanks to all the advice & reviews available on this forum and others. Most disappointing was at Hyatt Pinion Point in Sedona.
                        I've been considering that place for a future stay. I'll take it off my wish list. Small rooms don't bother me so much, but paper thin walls do.

Comment

I have had many excellent exchanges with SFX. It is very difficult to say which one was the best.

The absolute worst exchange we ever had was with II at "Berkshire by the Sea" in Delray Beach Florida. It was so bad that I complained to II and they refunded our week back to us.
                          John

Comment

My favorite exchange was a penthouse suite at Manhattan Club in the summer. That was great, and I picked it up from a last minute cancellation on II.

My worst wasn't an exchange - it was to my home resort, the old Summer Bay in Las Vegas. I bought it for $124 on ebay and went to stay there. The complex was an old, tired, converted garden apartment complex painted flamingo pink. The unit was clean and nice inside, but there was no central air, and the huge thru-the-wall a/c was noisy and shook. The worst part was that the back of the unit (bathroom window) was right on the monorail stop. All night long we heard the train, the braking, the announcements "watch your step, remember to take your belongings, etc." The next time we went back we made sure to get a unit in the main building (more modern) and away from the monorail. The resort has since been relocated to a converted apartment complex a block away and bought by Holiday Inn Vacation Club. The units are really nice.
                            Jacki

Comment

Originally posted by Presley View Post
                              I've been considering that place for a future stay. I'll take it off my wish list. Small rooms don't bother me so much, but paper thin walls do.
                              Most disappointing was at Hyatt Pinion Point in Sedona
                              The resort has a nice location on a hill in the center of everything and the view from the pool is breathtaking. The staff is very helpful & friendly. Some rooms have great views but ours was abysmal and the room was very dark. If you use the kitchen at all when timesharing, this one was like an afterthought. Very poorly equipped. We could hear every word the guy upstairs said the entire time including his telephone conversations. We spoke in a whisper whenever we were in the room.
                              GrayFal
                              Last edited by GrayFal; 10-20-2013, 06:58 AM. Reason: Added resort name for clarification
                              The legitimate object of Government is to do for a community of people whatever they need to have done but cannot do at all or cannot do so well for themselves”- Lincoln

Comment

I have stayed in some pretty dumpy places for skiing - Dover Watch at Mount Snow needed to be condemned - but I would probably go back for the location. I think the absolute worst was a nasty unit at Oak n Spruce (worse only because it's not a ski destination, the unit was not quite as bad as Dover Watch), but I still go back there and have been lucky to avoid a unit that bad. Most of the units there are fine, though they are getting tired. OH, there was a really really bad one on Fire Island - the whole resort was shutting down. But I'd probably do that again too, for location

Best exchange is a tough one because I've been so lucky. The Crane in Barbados was a major coup that comes to mind.

Comment

Working...
                                X