Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was your absolute best and worst trades?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yikes, Jacki! I had forgotten all about the old Summer Bay! It was a pretty scary place after dark! I love the new one.

Dori

Comment

We haven't exchanged that much so never had a bad experience yet. Our best exchange was RiverPointe in Napa Valley. Beautiful fall color and so many wineries to visit. A must see area! Units were small but very comfortable and clean. The resort had many activities and wine tasting almost every night. They offered limousine service and we took them up on it three days that week. Twice on our own and once with a group to San Francisco. My best vacation ever!.

Comment

Like grayfal I also once got in on an II glitch that gave me a 2-bedroom unit at Four Seasons Aviara in exchange for a fall 1-br unit at Snow Lake Lodge in Big Bear.

I own at Riverpointe and it trades very well. We went there for the first time in September and absolutely loved it - great location and a wonderful array of resort activities ( which I rarely partake in but this was different - so much fun!)

Comment

Originally posted by iconnections View Post
          We haven't exchanged that much so never had a bad experience yet. Our best exchange was RiverPointe in Napa Valley. Beautiful fall color and so many wineries to visit. A must see area! Units were small but very comfortable and clean. The resort had many activities and wine tasting almost every night. They offered limousine service and we took them up on it three days that week. Twice on our own and once with a group to San Francisco. My best vacation ever!.
          Originally posted by eal View Post
          Like grayfal I also once got in on an II glitch that gave me a 2-bedroom unit at Four Seasons Aviara in exchange for a fall 1-br unit at Snow Lake Lodge in Big Bear.

I own at Riverpointe and it trades very well. We went there for the first time in September and absolutely loved it - great location and a wonderful array of resort activities ( which I rarely partake in but this was different - so much fun!)
          Good to know about River Pointe - do they still offer the car/limo service - a BIG plus in wine country.
          Pat
          *** My Website ***

Comment

Took me a week to figure out the worst trade. I'm not fussy and plain vanilla suits me just fine particularly when I'm oceanfront. but I did have an oceanfront resort from hell exchange.

Brigantine Beach Club prior to the overhaul it got from Legacy.

Four hours to check-in and only one elevator working in a highrise that was packed during July. The unit was beyond tired and was the tightest 4/2 unit I have ever stayed in.

It may take another week to decide which was my best exchange ever because there were too many good ones.
            Lawren
            ------------------------
            There are many wonderful places in the world, but one of my favourite places is on the back of my horse.
            - Rolf Kopfle

Comment

Originally posted by lawren2 View Post
              It may take another week to decide which was my best exchange ever because there were too many good ones.
              Does Windjammer St Lucia 2BR Pool Villa count as it wasn't OUR exchange - but joycapecod's ???
              That was a gooooood one!
              Pat
              *** My Website ***

Comment

Originally posted by barndweller View Post
                Most disappointing was at Hyatt Pinion Point in Sedona The resort has a nice location on a hill in the center of everything and the view from the pool is breathtaking. The staff is very helpful & friendly. Some rooms have great views but ours was abysmal and the room was very dark. If you use the kitchen at all when timesharing, this one was like an afterthought. Very poorly equipped. We could hear every word the guy upstairs said the entire time including his telephone conversations. We spoke in a whisper whenever we were in the room.
                AND there is no garbage disposal in the sink, which I found odd. We did ok in the kitchen...but only because I found one of those "order your meals for a week" places which we then supplemented with a small trip to the grocery store and a couple of meals out. It's a nice place. We didn't have a view but as already discussed it has a great location and the view from the pool is gorgeous. I didn't find the walls thin...but we were 6 in a 2bd...maybe we were loud? Aside from the kitchen, I thought the furnishings were nice. Mom took the t/s tour...with me holding her hand so she didn't buy anything and got $$ for a grand canyon tour. It was a nice exchange...but we did it back to back on a Tahoe exchange....Gosh, we were crazy....drove 7 plus hours to Tahoe, spent a week and then came home, washed clothes and drove 5 plus hours to Sedona for another week.
                GrayFal
                Silver Contributor and supermoderator
                Last edited by GrayFal; 10-20-2013, 06:59 AM. Reason: Added resort name for clarification

Comment

Originally posted by GrayFal View Post
                  Note to self - avoid the Poconos at ALL COSTs and ALL times - I hope Wacky doesn't see this.

My worst exchange (RCI) was into the Connemara Country Cottages in Ireland...see my review at the bottom of this link from 2007
                  http://reviews.rci.com/0453/0385/reviews.htm

Dirty bathroom and kitchen, stained toilet, bathtub and sink, cracked and worn and broken linoleum, fuel line broken so no heat and only one of the two electric heaters worked. Checked in at 3 pm, by 4 we had driven back to the village and found the one place with a computer - got on II and was able to book a 3BR unit for that day check-in at Old Killarney Village. Went back to the 'cottage' where all 5 of us slept in our clothes and were in the car and on the road by 8am. Sorry to have missed touring the area but had a great time in Killarney after a week in Dublin.

Best exchange??? One day Angela noticed a 'glitch' in II that all the quality filters where off - I booked Four Seasons Aviara with a Bluebeards BeachClub studio - quite a score!

I have visited many places - I stayed in a very 'basic' unit at Oak N Spruce that I wouldn't want to stay in again - but I returned to the same resort (luckily better room) because I really enjoyed the Berkshires. Enjoyed several visits to SoCal - at the Four Seasons and Carlsbad Inn - and I much preferred the location of CI.

It is really hard to figure out what my "best" one is - but the bad ones are certainly memorable!
                  Yep. Sometimes it's not about quality...but I do enjoy that as well. I remember when I scored the FSA during spring break in flex with a 4000 credit worldmark trade. I was over the moon. Let's go family. It's the FSA! This is a timesharing coup! Guess what? I much prefer CI. It's just "us" Much like what I think your Bluebeards is.

That said, I'm with Barndweller. I don't think I've had a bad exchange. I do the research and I know what I'll accept and what I like and I go from there. I will say this, there was a resort on Kauai that I always thought would be my last resort. Cliffs Club on the North shore. I did not exchange but rented from a whole owner....even though the timeshare units are equally as nice-my exchange just didn't come through. I couldn't have been happier. It was probably one of the best-we are making due here places-that turned in to I LOVE IT HERE and would have never known. I'm a fan now and will never cross it off my list.

Comment

Originally posted by GrayFal View Post
                    Good to know about River Pointe - do they still offer the car/limo service - a BIG plus in wine country.
                    I am sure that they still do and I hope that they use the same service too as the owner of the Limousine tried so hard to make it a wonderful experience for a Limousine full of people or a couple alone. I still have his business card at home (we are at a timeshares now ) and can highly recommend him to you or anyone.

Originally posted by eal View Post
                    I agree with eal that this resort had many fun activities like mountain biking, river activities as well as segway tours besides the local wineries and wine tasting at the resort almost every night too. They even had a Manager's Special dinner one night at a good local restaurant but you had to be very quick to sign up for that as seating was limited. We were too slow. She had a great personality but everyone else was very helpful too and the location is ideal for visiting Napa and Sonoma Valley. I would love to go back again one day.

Comment

Working...
                    X