Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are TSs Ever been worth having? Can you sell them or make money from them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another problem with selecting a timeshare for desirability is the weather. Many resorts are single season demand and you need to be in that season. The OBX IMHO is a risky gamble because of the threat of hurricane damage. While that can be covered by insurance, it will add to the maintenance fees. My current ownership is a one season resort and that season runs about 5 months, but it's not on the shore and it is in an area of low supply and high demand. The maintenance fees are rather low and appear to have the ability to stay that way. They do rentals and resales and have a deed back program and are managed by an independent HOA.

Comment

Originally posted by Ridewithme38 View Post
      Guess where people like to go during school breaks? Places like Williamsburg with Busch Gardens/Water Country/Colonial Williamsburg & Massanutten with the Huge water park & tons of activities & Orlando with Disney, Smuggs with tons of activities....Places their kids will enjoy, laying on the beach and staying in a falling apart resort doesn't work for the modern family....OBX has turned into a place where the only Timeshare owners going there are close to retirement/death....

I hope they can one day turn it around and make the OBX into an actually desirable location, but i doubt it'll be in any of our lifetimes and as long as it isn't, it's going to drop to $1 as soon as those retired/dead owners start unloading

OBX is really nice. The reason it is full of old TS is that the owners of those summer weeks don't want to give them up. I bet most of them have children and grandchildren that are just waiting to inherit them. Unlike prime weeks in super nice resorts in Williamsburg and the off water ones in Myrtle Beach that you can get for a $1 even on ebay the prime OBX weeks in old units that are updated half as often go for $2000-$3000 or more. OBX doesn't have more places to build so they can't build any more TS. They really don't allow high rises. New construction seems to be $3 million plus houses that are probably only use 2 or 3 months a year.

OBX is not nearly as quiet and idyllic (boring) as you think it is. I was surprised how built up the area we were in Kill Devil Hills. There were at least 4 laid back bar/grill places, a drive through beer carryout/carwash, mini golf, 3 convenience stores, 2 grocery stores, 4 fast food places, and at least a dozen restaurants within a 6 minute car ride or in many cases walking distance. The also had some of the sweetest crabs.

Jersey Shore or OC, MD 30-40 years ago is a fair equivalent. The have everything you need but about a 1/3 less (cars, people, restaurants, etc). There is plenty to do if you want but if you just want to ride warmer waves than you can find up North and enjoy the beach you can too, without stepping all over everyone.

Comment

Working...
      X