Where's the beach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where's the beach?

Where's your favorite beach resort and why?

I've stayed at alot of the Florida timeshares over the years but still have a ton to go.

So where is your favorite beach pad?

Mine is Enchanted Isle in Hollywood although there are a few others gaining ground in my book.
    www.eiresort.com
    Royal Vista is becoming a favorite too.
    I can drive to these resorts in half an hour so that gives them a boost in my favorites list.

If a resort needs to be part of the beach then it would be the Marriott Ko Olina on Oahu mostly because of the man made lagoons and the ability to see the sun go down. I loke the the resort and the area.

All of the Worldmarks on the Oregon Coast in August or September only are other usual favorites.

I really like the CA beaches but have only stayed at the WM Oceanside as far as CA beach resorts go.

However, the best beach, imo, is Shi Shi Beach on the Olympic Peninsula, again in August or September only.
    http://www.olympicpeninsula.org/thin...-shi-shi-beach

Comment

Originally posted by easyrider View Post
      If a resort needs to be part of the beach then it would be the Marriott Ko Olina on Oahu mostly because of the man made lagoons and the ability to see the sun go down. I loke the the resort and the area.

All of the Worldmarks on the Oregon Coast in August or September only are other usual favorites.

I really like the CA beaches but have only stayed at the WM Oceanside as far as CA beach resorts go.

However, the best beach, imo, is Shi Shi Beach on the Olympic Peninsula, again in August or September only.
      http://www.olympicpeninsula.org/thin...-shi-shi-beach

Shi Shi Beach is located west of Neah Bay. Shi Shi (pronounced shy-shy) was named "best nature beach" by the Travel Channel. It's a day trip you'll remember.
      Shi Shi is an unspoiled beach and is reached by driving 66 miles from Port Angeles, through ClallamBay-Sekiu and on through Neah Bay, then followed by a 3.3-mile hike.
      The trip is well worth the time and one can enjoy the scenic beauty of Hwy 112.

Well it does look gorgeous but I'd be exhausted after that 3.3 mile hike to the beach schlepping my beach gear in tow.

Comment

Originally posted by chriskre View Post
        Shi Shi Beach is located west of Neah Bay. Shi Shi (pronounced shy-shy) was named "best nature beach" by the Travel Channel. It's a day trip you'll remember.
        Shi Shi is an unspoiled beach and is reached by driving 66 miles from Port Angeles, through ClallamBay-Sekiu and on through Neah Bay, then followed by a 3.3-mile hike.
        The trip is well worth the time and one can enjoy the scenic beauty of Hwy 112.

Well it does look gorgeous but I'd be exhausted after that 3.3 mile hike to the beach schlepping my beach gear in tow.
        There is a secrete short cut across private land, with permission only. With permission your vehicle will be safe, with out you may need to find some wheels and tires. When the weather is nice you don't need alot of gear to stay a few days. There is a stream of fresh water and in August and September there are all kinds of berries. Also there are clams, mussels and oysters. If you go any other months your sure to be rained on, imo.

Comment

I would have to say somewhere in the Caribbean.....Horseshoe Bay in Bermuda comes to mind. Crane Beach in Barbados, Eagle Beach in Aruba....Le Carbet Beach in Martinique.

Just a few beaches in the Caribbean that I haven't been to, but am guessing are fabulous!

Long Bay, Tortola....Pinney’s Beach, Nervis.....Trunk bay, St John........
          Angela

If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

BTW, I'm still keeping track of how many times you annoy me.

Comment

Morritts in Grand Cayman because I can snorkle right in front of the resort.
            Lawren
            ------------------------
            There are many wonderful places in the world, but one of my favourite places is on the back of my horse.
            - Rolf Kopfle

Comment

Originally posted by lawren2 View Post
              Morritts in Grand Cayman because I can snorkle right in front of the resort.
              Love that one, too.

Water Lemon Cay on St John, USVI.

North Beach on Scrub Island, Tortola, BVI

The cliffs and beach at the Crane Resort, Barbados

Eagle Beach, Aruba

Can you tell I LOVE the beach!
              Pat
              *** My Website ***

Comment

My favorite beach resorts are all in Aruba;

1) Playa Linda beach resort - Palm beach Aruba
                2) Renaissance Ocean Suites - Renaissance Private island
                3) la cabana beach resort Aruba- Eagle Beach
                4) Marriott ocean club Aruba- Palm Beach Aruba

Those are my 4 favorites in that order and the best part is I own weeks at all 4
                LARRY

Comment

Originally posted by Larry View Post
                  My favorite beach resorts are all in Aruba;

1) Playa Linda beach resort - Palm beach Aruba
                  2) Renaissance Ocean Suites - Renaissance Private island
                  3) la cabana beach resort Aruba- Eagle Beach
                  4) Marriott ocean club Aruba- Palm Beach Aruba

Those are my 4 favorites in that order and the best part is I own weeks at all 4
                  I took a bump last week and US Airways put us up at the Ren…the private island was fabulous!
                  Pat
                  *** My Website ***

Comment

I'm going to stay there one of these days!

Originally posted by GrayFal View Post
                    I took a bump last week and US Airways put us up at the Ren…the private island was fabulous!
                    Angela

Comment

Also.....The Seychelles Islands has always been on my list of places I'd love to visit. The beaches look absolutely gorgeous!

http://www.google.com/search?q=pictu...w=1185&bih=865
                      Angela

Comment

There is a curving and gorgeous slice of white sugar sand that appears and disappears nears Copperfield's private island in the Bahamas which is too beautiful to describe. I have seen some nice beaches. This one is striking and elusive It is called Musha Cay and it is more of a large sandbar than a beach, but it gets my vote.

Two currents meet for most of the length of the island and at the end it curls around to make a shallow bay.
                        Really magic (no pun intended).

A similar one appears in Pirate's of Caribbean in At World's End. They call it Parley Sandbar and it is said to be near Castaway Cay (Disney's Private island in Bahamas). It looked similar in the movie, so I had to look it up.

Must be all the snow here...
                        I am posting pics.
                        First is an overview, the beach/sandbar is on the left and about 2 miles long.
                        We were there when some guests were served lunch in a Moroccan Style room that arrived by boat and set up complete with oriental rugs and wood tables. The guests arrived to freshly raked sands by helicopter. It was all broken down and whisked away before the tide came back in hours later.

Let me know what you think!
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	musha-cay-at-copperfield-bay-171133-f.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	923141Click image for larger version

Name:	musha-cay-at-copperfield-bay-171050-f.jpg
ID:	923142Click image for larger version

Name:	musha-cay-at-copperfield-bay-171051-f.jpg
ID:	923143

Comment

Wow Monarch.
                          That's amazing but who is going to set up my umbrella?

And I've yet to do Castaway Cay although it's definitely on my radar.
                          I'd love to do one of the double dip cruises for members only.
                          More my speed when it comes to the Bahamas.

Comment

Originally posted by chriskre View Post
                            Wow Monarch.
                            That's amazing but who is going to set up my umbrella?

And I've yet to do Castaway Cay although it's definitely on my radar.
                            I'd love to do one of the double dip cruises for members only.
                            More my speed when it comes to the Bahamas.
                            Well let's get booking sista!
                            Pat
                            *** My Website ***

Comment

Originally posted by monarch View Post
                              There is a curving and gorgeous slice of white sugar sand that appears and disappears nears Copperfield's private island in the Bahamas which is too beautiful to describe. I have seen some nice beaches. This one is striking and elusive It is called Musha Cay and it is more of a large sandbar than a beach, but it gets my vote.

Two currents meet for most of the length of the island and at the end it curls around to make a shallow bay.
                              Really magic (no pun intended).

A similar one appears in Pirate's of Caribbean in At World's End. They call it Parley Sandbar and it is said to be near Castaway Cay (Disney's Private island in Bahamas). It looked similar in the movie, so I had to look it up.

Must be all the snow here...
                              I am posting pics.
                              First is an overview, the beach/sandbar is on the left and about 2 miles long.
                              We were there when some guests were served lunch in a Moroccan Style room that arrived by boat and set up complete with oriental rugs and wood tables. The guests arrived to freshly raked sands by helicopter. It was all broken down and whisked away before the tide came back in hours later.

Let me know what you think!
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]707[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]708[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]709[/ATTACH]
                              i LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Castaway Cay, Disney Cruise Lines private island in the Bahamas….looking to get Chris to travel with me there this year or early 2015, ya know they have great FL Residence rates.
                              Pat
                              *** My Website ***

Comment

Working...
                              X