PLEASE help.... buying a timeshare for the first time. need honest advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ronparise View Post
    I know you are winking but gotta say,, I respect the comments made by folks that use their real name more than those that hide behind a made up name
    It's not about respect; it's about the occasional crazy internet psycho cyber stalker that comes along every now and then. Of course, some of us here have been more victimized than others. What the cyber-stalker actually did in my case would shock most folks here. No sense making it easy on them, like using your real name, or the same handle on every site

(Hi, how ya doin today? )

Then there was the guy last year using his real name, and he freaked when I posted enough so that he knew that's all it took for anyone to know where he lives, and where he had two other "locations".
    - - - - -
    Also, if folks care to pay attention, there's lotsa others saying things very similar to what I say.

For me/us, the renting thing goes back 25 years. I remember us talking about getting exchanges and then renting them out in what was called newspapers, and making money. We were talking about that right in front of the sales people, and, strangely, none of them corrected us. We were shocked when we found out you can't do that.

JLB
    Please excuse me, I'm a Dick. Not a moron just a Dick
    Last edited by JLB; 07-09-2014, 04:42 PM.
    RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

Originally posted by JLB View Post
      Cottage cheese was $3.98 yesterday.

Sure you know what a cow is?
      I looked yesterday when I stopped by to visit where we deposit most of our money. Hiland was $3.98 and Great Value was $2.98.

We normally get Great Value, even when the prices are closer, because we don't like the taste of Hiland. But they fooled me with that similar-looking packaging. I'm getting easy that way.

Fortunately with my summer cold, the Hiland is tasteless.
      RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

Originally posted by Glitter Brunello View Post
        Sally asks good questions.

Whatever you do, don't borrow money to buy a timeshare, and don't plan on making any money at it, that is extremely rare
        Agree with this. They will tell you how you can rent them to make money but in my experience it's difficult at best.

Comment

Working...
        X