Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pollard Brook not ready for check in time.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pollard Brook not ready for check in time.

Don't really know why, but Sunday check in at Pollard Brook Resort in New Hampshire was not a happy time for owners and exchangers. By 4 PM (check in time) the front desk had a constant line up and the lounge area was full of people waiting to check in. The pool and surrounding area was nearly empty and there were some people milling around the parking area waiting for a call that their room was ready.. I finally got checked in to a room other than the one they were originally going to put me into just before 5 PM and there were still people waiting in line and in the lounge for a room to be ready. I wonder how much longer I would have had to wait if I didn't call in a complaint to Interval International. Excuses were pretty lame- particularly the one about 140 rooms to get ready. The resort has just less that that number of total units and there are two check in days- Friday and Sunday. It appears they told II that there was an unexpected number of people checking in.

We had several unhappy experiences there when we checked-in the second Sunday in July. The worst was that the activity director "forgot"? to make our reservation for the moose trip we scheduled on Saturday eve. We never got to go on the trip because we checked out the next morning. Should have made our own reservation!!!!

Comment

Just missed you- we checked out that Sunday that you checked in (on an earlier exchange).

Comment

You know what I always say when there are not enough people working at the resort ?

Comment

This happened at my little resort too.
          Rooms weren't ready til 6pm.
          I think all this downsizing of employees is showing in the poor service.
          Somethings gotta give.

Comment

Should we move this to there HOA forum
            Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Comment

That's been siklent foir some time now

Comment

Still a problematic week here. Wi-Fi is and was dial-up slow all week- at least it's free. Yesterday someone in the newest building discovered they had some of their groceries eaten by a mouse/mice. Later in the afternoon yesterday the police were here -don't know why. Frank- I swear I didn't do anything.

Comment

We have had the problem of rooms not being ready on several occasions over the years. The last time was this July, when we checked into Royal Harbour Resort. Check-in is 5:00 p.m., and we didn't get our keys until after 6:00. Not a great start to the week, but overall, we had a good time.

Dori

Comment

As an owner there, I'm not happy to learn about this. OTOH, we haven't gone there in years. Trade to elsewhere.

As you know, Tony, the developer is still in charge. Enough said?

My wife is on the Board of another timeshare that we own. Just learned that people are showing up at 9 am, which is check-out time, and they are demanding to get IN their unit. "We have frozen and cold groceries that will thaw" is one of the excuses. Check In time is 4 in the afternoon.

Comment

Hi Bruce. I usually try to check in less than an hour early wherever I go by car and I can't remember ever waiting beyond check in time to check in before this trip. I did notice what appeared to be sales activity in the sales area, so I wouldn't be surprised if they were running special short term discounted rentals with timeshare tours again. This is undoubtedly the most bizarre week I've ever experienced here. At my home resort there never seems to be a check in problem. They do call owners that haven't deposited their week to ask if they are coming and there are usually several late (after 9 PM) check ins, so they do have a good idea of what's coming. They do rentals and are not developer controlled, but only about 1/4 the size of Pollard Brook. I was here last month also, checked in around 3:30 PM and noticed very little wrong for that week.

Comment

Tony: I think you are correct in assuming the developer sales trumped everything. I've never before heard of an issue getting people in their rooms in a timely manner. I wonder if there are issues we haven't heard about?

Comment

Working...
                        X