Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Post on timeshareforums.com

Hi all,
    My name is Joe and I'm a Marriott Timeshare addict. I'm looking for another timeshare forum because I was recently banished from TUG and I enjoy reading and posting comments about TSing especially Marriotts so I'm glad to find this nice website.

I own now 13 Marriotts in various locations that I use and rent. I have owned since 2002. I hope to continue to learn and hopefully I can give some guidance if asked about Marriotts.

Regards
    Joe

Wow, Joe, I'm sorry to hear that you were banned on TUG. I was involved in that thread although I didn't read much after my own post. I'll have to go back and finish reading. Were you the only one banned? Is it permanent? You were a great contributor.
    Pat H

Comment

oh i need to find that thread

Comment

Welcome Joe. I wish TUG didn't ban you so you could respond to the thread. It just got more interesting after another old thread was brought to life.

Comment

It's quieter here than TUG (well, in terms of day-to-day posting, at least ), but equally useful. Hope you enjoy it here.

Comment

Originally posted by LisaH View Post
            Welcome Joe. I wish TUG didn't ban you so you could respond to the thread. It just got more interesting after another old thread was brought to life.
            To me it's laughable. They didn't even have the decency to tell me my account was going to be locked, I just tried to get on today and can't. I'm sure its the work of one overzealous moderator who must feel incredibly powerful that she was able to get me locked out.

The old thread was from 2011 when I left an ad up on Redweek to test the resale market and now that somehow validates their point that I'm a liar. I really don't want to start controversy here so I don't want to carry over the conversation so I'll leave it at that.

Comment

Welcome Joe - whatever the circumstances.

Maria

Comment

Joe, I am in total shock. I have read many of your well written posts regarding your Marriott's and your rental experiences.
                You have always been very diplomatic and caring. I will need to go back and attempt to connect the dots and understand why they have come down on you so hard!

Welcome to the TS4MS. One of the great benefits here is that we have some dynamite people that post great sightings. You will need to accumulate more posts in order to see that forum. I am not sure how many but it is not that much.
                Flying at MACH4 +

Comment

It's 30 posts --- welcome!

Comment

Welcome, Joe. I enjoyed reading your posts on TUG.
                    Jacki

Comment

Originally posted by jackio View Post
                      Welcome, Joe. I enjoyed reading your posts on TUG.
                      Thank you. I've always tried to be helpful because for the most part everyone else is the same way. Timesharing is a huge part of my life so I love reading about it and chatting about it.

Comment

I spend hardly any time at TUG any more and hadn't logged in for awhile. But this got me interested to see what the brouhaha was about.

The whole discussion of honorable behavior, especially by TUG moderator, reminded me of why my feeling about the site have changed. Not that I dislike it, but that the time spent there wasn't as enjoyable as it used to be. And as the enjoyment slackened, I had to ask myself what the point was in spending the amount of time there that I had been.

Anyway, on to the discussion of honor....

Honor, used as a verb, has two completely distinct definitions. One is to regard or treat with honor or respect. A second is to fulfill the terms of an agreement. The first has everything to do with personal character. The second is simply a commercial concept.

Failing to honor a contract lies with the second definition. That doesn't mean that the person is dishonorable. Banks dishonor checks all the time; that doesn't mean that banks are dishonorable institutions. The esteemed moderator conflated what shouldn't be conflated, and having done so, used that platform to insinuate that Joe was acting dishonorably (first definition), when his actions were totally within the realm of the second definition.

That as was an unwarranted attack in his character, and totally uncalled for from a moderator. Joe had reason to take umbrage and defend himself.
                        T. R. Oglodyte
                        Last edited by T. R. Oglodyte; 09-13-2014, 04:44 PM. Reason: typos and clarification
                        “Maybe you shouldn't dress like that.”

“This is a blouse and skirt. I don't know what you're talking about.”

“You shouldn't wear that body.”

Comment

stuff happens

life goes on

RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

There are a great group of folks here, welcome to the party!

Comment

Welcome, Joe....sorry about what happened over yonder...

Comment

Working...
                              X