X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JLB View Post
    I will assume No.
    Your assumption is right but not because there are no DVC units,
    but because these DVC units get matched to ongoing searches.
    I did look this morning after you asked and did not see anything online.

OP you will definitely want to set up your ongoing search as soon as you can.
    Preferably like Grayfal suggested a year or more in advance.
    I have mine running for 3 months already for October of 2015.
    If you are flexible on your resort you will likely get a match unless you want
    Christmas or NYE.
    Might be for SSR but at least it's on Disney property.

Most searches are matching at 6 months when DVC does it's monthly bulks.
    After that it's drips and drabs and sometimes you get lucky after that when
    it is closer in but I wouldn't count on it. The reason you want to set up
    your search early is so you are in the front of the line.

Comment

FWIW, when DVC first came to RCI, we were able to get all or most of them. Then that changed. Then Weeks faux points pretty much put an end to it.
      We were also able to see a lot of availability when DVC first came to RCI.
      RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

Yup, things are always changing at RCI.
        Now to get these DVC weeks you have to put in an ongoing request because the spec renters and PCC's snap them up and put them on ebay and red week.

Comment

To finish that thought, the classaction lawsuit brought about disclosure/transparency, including being able to see what's available even if you can't get it. Having said that, I just searched and did not see any Disney, so I don't know what to think about that any more.
          To add to this, a few Disneys were posted on Ex Ops recently, in three DVC resorts, all wanting in the 40s.
          RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

To add to this, a few Disneys were posted on Ex Ops recently, in three DVC resorts, all wanting in the 40s.
            That is because the people who know (most people here and on other TS Boards) put in an ongoing search at least 10 months but more like 12-15 months out to request a unit….so few are seen just sitting online.

Yes, the recent sightings have been in the low 40s TPU but as you pointed put, OP gets in the 30s.
            Since this is a "special" vacation for many people, I suggest OP combine two deposits so as not to be disappointed.
            Pat
            *** My Website ***

Comment

Another good thread on DVC

Comment

Working...
              X