Renting (Exchanging into) DVC through RCI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Renting (Exchanging into) DVC through RCI

Hello all, first post for me, I am currently an RCI member with access to all DVC resorts. I am curious if there are other RCI members on here that have gotten the DVC resort that they wont on an RCI search? What dates did you get it for? When did your DVC resort come up in the search?. I am very much struggling to get access to a resort and would like to know what the trick is to get that DVC resort through RCI? Thank you for any input anyone can give me!

You mention renting in your title. Do you really mean renting... As in extra vacations or last calls? Or do you mean exchanging?
    Juanita

Comment

FWIW, when DVC first came to RCI, we were able to get all or most of them. Then that changed. Then Weeks faux points pretty much put an end to it.
      RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

Originally posted by FreeIn2010 View Post
        You mention renting in your title. Do you really mean renting... As in extra vacations or last calls? Or do you mean exchanging?
        What resort *and week number( are you using to excange with? Bruce
        The Rushes Door Co., wk 35. Desert Club Las Vegas RCI Pts. 1 UDI Cottage CMV UDI's & 7 Oak Timbers CMV UDI's with 30,000 Bluegreen Pts. 3 World Wide Vacation Club Lind Mar Puerto Vallarta. Fox Hills RCI Pts More of our Timeshare Ownerships.

Comment

Originally posted by JLB View Post
          FWIW, when DVC first came to RCI, we were able to get all or most of them. Then that changed. Then Weeks faux points pretty much put an end to it.
          To finish that thought, the classaction lawsuit brought about disclosure/transparency, including being able to see what's available even if you can't get it. Having said that, I just searched and did not see any Disney, so I don't know what to think about that any more.
          RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

They usually do bulk deposits. I see units available occasionally... Just no real desire to be onsite. You should setup an ongoing search for best chance of getting what you want... Assuming you have enough 'faux points'
            Juanita

Comment

DVC exchanges are available thru RCI using your "trade point units" or TPUs. It takes a trade value of 43-60 to get a DVC.
              If your TPUs are not that amount in one deposit, you can pay a combination fee of $109.
              You also MUST start an ongoing search 12-15 months ahead of your travel date, it is very unusual to see much DVC just sitting online waiting for a trade. They usually match anywhere from 4-8 months out.

I got an exchange for April 2014 to Saratoga Springs and am still waiting to get a match for April 2015

Hope this helps.

Originally posted by montyz81 View Post
              Hello all, first post for me, I am currently an RCI member with access to all DVC resorts. I am curious if there are other RCI members on here that have gotten the DVC resort that they wont on an RCI search? What dates did you get it for? When did your DVC resort come up in the search?. I am very much struggling to get access to a resort and would like to know what the trick is to get that DVC resort through RCI? Thank you for any input anyone can give me!
              Pat
              *** My Website ***

Comment

Originally posted by FreeIn2010 View Post
                I do mean exchanging

Comment

Originally posted by brucecz View Post
                  What resort *and week number( are you using to excange with? Bruce
                  Flamingo beach resort, week 16

Comment

Originally posted by montyz81 View Post
                    Flamingo beach resort, week 16
                    Maybe someone can tell you how many PTU's that week is worth so you know its trading power. Bruce
                    The Rushes Door Co., wk 35. Desert Club Las Vegas RCI Pts. 1 UDI Cottage CMV UDI's & 7 Oak Timbers CMV UDI's with 30,000 Bluegreen Pts. 3 World Wide Vacation Club Lind Mar Puerto Vallarta. Fox Hills RCI Pts More of our Timeshare Ownerships.

Comment

Originally posted by brucecz View Post
                      Maybe someone can tell you how many PTU's that week is worth so you know its trading power. Bruce
                      If OP has deposited their week they can see the TPU in their account.

And I changed the thread title.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Pat
                      *** My Website ***

Comment

Trading Power if deposited early is Studio 26, 1 bedroom 33, 2 bedroom 36.

Pretty good.

Now, can anyone see any "Orlando" DVCs in Weeks?

Comment

Thank you Pat, Bruce

Originally posted by GrayFal View Post
                          If OP has deposited their week they can see the TPU in their account.

And I changed the thread title.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JLB View Post
                            Now, can anyone see any "Orlando" DVCs in Weeks?
                            I will assume No.

Comment

Now you are even answering your own posts.

Comment

Working...
                              X