Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have too many weeks and don't know what to do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have too many weeks and don't know what to do?

Hi. I am new to this forum. It seems that I haven't gone on enough vacations. I have too many weeks deposited, 1 of them expires today and I'm trying to decide if I should extend the week for a year at the rate of $198? I believe that if I do extend the week it will become part of II Flexchange system which limits exchanges within 59 days of travel. The maintanence fees are, in general, high for the year and I feel like I might as well just let the week lapse instead of paying more money to extend. I likely won't be able to go on 5 vacations before 2016... not including my 2 undeposited weeks from 2015 that will be coming up as well. Any suggestions? Are II weeks rentable? Is there demand to unload a few weeks to someone else with in the timeshare community? Any advice or direction is welcome. Thank you!

II rules prohibit renting exchanges. Many here in the same boat. If you are ready to give any deeds away to avoid paying MFs you can list them here in our Freebies section. In the future, you can list your ownership weeks for rent and try to get enough rent to cover your MFs.

Comment

Hello. Thank you so much for your reply. To be clear... I can rent my "owned" weeks... another words... the weeks that I have NOT deposited?

Comment

You can rent any ownership you have….so say you have a floating Marriott week.
        You call Marriott, reserve a high demand time and then post it for rent here and at various rental sights.

Once a unit is deposited into Interval International or RCI, you can no longer rent it…you have given up its use and can now exchange using that week.
        You can send friends and family on an exchange by purchasing a guest certificate, but you can't collect rent for it.
        Pat
        *** My Website ***

Comment

Have you tried to rent these yet ? Occasionally I have a similar problem and rent off all my excess weeks. A couple of times I let family use my timeshares.

I use redweek.com , myreosrtnetwork.com and other sites to rent my extra weeks.

You could donate the use of the week to the Marines or to some other organization for a tax write off. I think that habitat for humanity or red cross might take it. If you really can't use it and have to pay for it anyway it does make sense to donate the week.

Bill

Comment

I merged your two threads and left it under General TS….
            Pat
            *** My Website ***

Comment

Working...
            X