Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many different timeshare systems do you own?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chriskre View Post
    Wow. Are the 18 weeks in the same unit?
    They are all floating unit, floating weeks so it works great for me. Right now the longest I have stayed is three weeks
    And I was able to stay in the same unit the whole time. If I make my reservation a year in advance like I usually do I'm
    Sure I can get the same unit.
    Up coming trips
    May-Pono Kai Kauai, July-Jockey Club Las Vegas, October-Florida Palm Beach
    My Website

Comment

I want to know how many weeks of vacation per year the people who own four weeks or more get.

That said, I know some people are retired and others are expecting to spend a lot of retirement time vacationing. I have one friend who's aiming for six months worth of ownership by the time she retires; obviously, she's renting most of that out right now

Comment

Originally posted by Hobbitess View Post
        I want to know how many weeks of vacation per year the people who own four weeks or more get.

That said, I know some people are retired and others are expecting to spend a lot of retirement time vacationing. I have one friend who's aiming for six months worth of ownership by the time she retires; obviously, she's renting most of that out right now
        When I was working at the hospital I used to get 12 weeks of vacation with creative scheduling.
        Now I am retired so I don't feel the need to get away as much anymore but I still am traveling about 12 weeks a year.
        Maybe more but who's counting.

Comment

We only own at Diamond with points in both US and Calif collection and deeded at Kaanapali Beach Club. We started purchasing and I didn't find out about the Forum until it was too late. That said, we love using the weeks and just this year we added 4000 points from our Daughter's account. Timesharing is a great incentive to vacation. Last year we used a new feature at Diamond to reserve an apartment in Florence, Italy and use points to pay for it. There was not anything available at places in Italy that meshed with our dates and itinerary. I would not add more timeshares from another network.
          Tom

Comment

Right now I get 28 days of vacation a year.
            Up coming trips
            May-Pono Kai Kauai, July-Jockey Club Las Vegas, October-Florida Palm Beach
            My Website

Comment

Originally posted by Hobbitess View Post

You have answered your own question...Some of us dont work at all

and then there is a group that works but can work anywhere they have an internet connection

A timeshare is much cheaper to buy and to maintain than a second home. Some folks use timeshares as a second home. Instead of buying a condo at the beach or a cabin in the mountains for a few months a year (lots of my neighbors here in SW Florida are snowbirds, they own a home here but only stay here for the winter)

and of course there a few of us whose work is timeshares... I dont ever vacation. I rent what I own to others.

Comment

Originally posted by ronparise View Post
                I have Wyndham points and worldmark credits and when the last few close, 14 weeks at Wyndhams Avenue Plaza Resort in New Orleans
                You've got a great gig going.
                I'm too disorganized to do this on a grand scale.
                I admire your business model.

Comment

A timeshare is much cheaper to buy and to maintain than a second home. Some folks use timeshares as a second home. Instead of buying a condo at the beach or a cabin in the mountains for a few months a year (lots of my neighbors here in SW Florida are snowbirds, they own a home here but only stay here for the winter)
                  That's me. I live at the beach in the summers.
                  Doesn't make sense to have a year round condo for me with all the hassles of maintenance on a beachfront property.
                  I've got regular rental property for that and that's enough.
                  I love checking out and leaving my mess behind for someone else to clean up.

Comment

I own BG Points, a CMV UDI Flex, Westgate and RCI Points. I also have paid memberships with II and SFX and have traded with both DAE and Platinum in the past. The only exchange company I have yet to find anything to trade in would be Trading Places International.

25% of this ends up getting used for personal vacations and the other 75% is either rented or given as gifts. It essentially has made the accommodations portion of my vacations free. I'd use more, but only get 3 weeks vacation a year which will go up one week this year in July now that I have been there 8 years. Although, that may change in the future as Karen hopefully looks to retire in 4 to 5 years I will likely continue to do the leave with income averaging each year to give myself a total of 9.

Comment

You have answered your own question...Some of us dont work at all

and then there is a group that works but can work anywhere they have an internet connection

and of course there a few of us whose work is timeshares... I dont ever vacation. I rent what I own to others.
                      You're doing it wrong. There are slow times in the booking/rental cycles. Getting to travel is one of the perks.
                      Lawren
                      ------------------------
                      There are many wonderful places in the world, but one of my favourite places is on the back of my horse.
                      - Rolf Kopfle

Comment

Originally posted by lawren2 View Post
                        You're doing it wrong. There are slow times in the booking/rental cycles. Getting to travel is one of the perks.
                        They say true freedom doesnt happen until the kids are off to college and the dog dies,,,

the kids are long gone, but the dog lives on, and my wife is shopping for a companion for our old girl...so lots of time in timeshares is not in the cards for me, although Ive found a few , Vacation Village at Parkway, and a place in Palm Springs and another in Tahoe, that might work for us

Comment

They say true freedom doesnt happen until the kids are off to college and the dog dies,,,

the kids are long gone, but the dog lives on, and my wife is shopping for a companion for our old girl...so lots of time in timeshares is not in the cards for me, although Ive found a few , Vacation Village at Parkway, and a place in Palm Springs and another in Tahoe, that might work for us
                          I know it's not the most exciting destination but V V Bonaventure allows pets.

Comment

the dog lives on, and my wife is shopping for a companion for our old girl...
                            There are some great pet sitters out there. Our pet sitter sometimes comes to our place with a dog she's pet sitting if she's got one that gets nervous and destructive when left alone, or she'll take them into her own home if that's what the owners want, and she is willing to take care of our place for two weeks even though she knows we have a cat who goes psycho and will attack her if left alone that long (our adopted Grandma will usually take that cat for us, but the pet sitter is fine with dealing with the brat). She will also exercise animals and some people have her do that the weeks leading up to a vacation so the dog knows her and associates her with good times. We've never done that, what with having all cats, but our outside cats adore her just from seeing her for the occasional week here or there.

While she is excellent, I don't think good pet sitters are that unusual, because my parents have found good pet sitters in a couple of different states. Poke around a bit. Having such a good pet sitter takes a real load off our minds when we're all out of town.

Comment

Three right now, but once my Sheraton transfers out of our name we'll be down to Wyndham and our CMV UDI.
                              Scott

Comment

We own BG only....hopefully down the road we will own DVC

Comment

Working...
                                X