Exchange for a Cruise?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange for a Cruise?

I've never been on a cruise, and am hoping to try one within the next couple of years. Is exchanging a timeshare week for a cruise ever cost effective through II or RCI? What about other exchange companies?
    I looked up the cost of booking a cruise with Wyn pts and it doesn't appear to be good deal at all.
    Just wondering.
    Thanks.
    Jeanne

When I looked into it, It was not. I booked it threw RCI but later found that SFX had a better deal for the same cruise. Using a week cost more and you would not get the extra perks.
    Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Comment

They give you pennies on the dollar for your week and you have to pay port charges and other surcharges so it comes out way more expensive as Frank said when you factor in your prepaid MF's.
      If you are looking for a cheap cruise try one of the cruise brokers like vacationstogo.com, cruises.com or many of the other big online cruise companies.
      They might have the same price as the cruise lines but will give you onboard credits which sometimes make them better than booking direct.
      There are companies like AAA who buy blocks of rooms and sell them to their club members at a discount and they may also have a room when other
      websites or even the cruise line directly has none to sell because they pre-purchased the block of rooms.
      Also ask about AARP discounts. I ended up joining AARP for the $15 a year to save $90 on our cruise.

Comment

I have to agree with what the others say as well. I have read for certain high cost cabins you could come out a few $100s ahead but for the typical cruiser it is not a good deal.
        A plan could be to rent out a few of your high demand weeks/ownerships for more then your maint fee and apply that money to your cruise.
        You will almost certainly come out ahead.

http://www.crucon.com
        I have used this company to book Excellent prices and will honor price cuts as well.
        Pat
        *** My Website ***

Comment

Working...
        X