Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your "must have" in a unit when exchanging?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are there still timeshares out there that do not have free WiFi? I had no idea. I know that in Mexico some timeshare resorts still charge you but not where we own and the service is pretty fast.

Comment

A comfortable bed- preferably king size; a washer/dryer, preferably in the unit; and a full kitchen. Also- an outdoor heated pool.

Comment

Originally posted by iconnections View Post
        Are there still timeshares out there that do not have free WiFi? I had no idea. I know that in Mexico some timeshare resorts still charge you but not where we own and the service is pretty fast.
        Alas yes, there are definitely plenty of resorts without Wifi. I always take work with me on vacation, so I'm painfully aware of places where there's no Wifi. But it's not that big a deal. My DH and I have spent entire afternoons in local libraries or McDonald'ses if we both have to work.

Comment

I know this sounds really basic, but I want onsite front desk staff.

Once I exchanged into a unit and arrived in the evening (8 pm) with my keys in an envelope tapped to the front door. Well, first I had to find my unit then had to figure the key situation (old-fashion regular key), had some issues, called the contact, waited for a call-back, not the way you want to start a vacation, nevermind end a long day of traveling.

Once in Venice, we had to grab a local passer-by because the unit was an apartment with three tricky keys that had to be snychronized a specific way to open!

And in Paris, I'll never forget the evening we found a very nice woman traveling alone in tears because the front desk was closed and she didn't know where to sleep. My traveling companions and I took mercy on her and allowed her to sleep on our couch!

Now, I call and make sure someone will be there to get me settled or make secure arrangements.

Maria

Comment

Originally posted by iconnections View Post
            There are plenty in the the Northeast. There is no Wifi at Oak n Spruce except in the really noisy rec center. Also no wifi at Village at the Green in Stowe, Vermont. I'm sure there are others, but those are two that really aggravate me personally since they are in good locations for me otherwise.

Comment

1: With the four of us, at least 2BR/2BA, and the 2nd bedroom should have two beds. We've thought about relaxing that requirement, but have not done so since our very first timeshare stay when the kids were little. We're getting to the point where a 3BR is even better.

2: Even with just the two of us, the kitchen must be sufficient for a reasonable breakfast, and the infrequent dinner.

3: For either just the two of us or all four, in-unit washer/dryer is very strongly preferred. We've made an exception for that only twice. Once was a long weekend stay "up north" where the W/D was just outside the lockout (and the stay short enough that we didn't need it), and the other is for an upcoming stay in a 3BR penthouse at HGVC-HHV Lagoon Tower, a sacrifice I can make.

Comment

Originally posted by wackymother View Post
                Alas yes, there are definitely plenty of resorts without Wifi. I always take work with me on vacation, so I'm painfully aware of places where there's no Wifi. But it's not that big a deal. My DH and I have spent entire afternoons in local libraries or McDonald'ses if we both have to work.
                I have been to a couple of resorts that have free wifi, but it's really crummy. You have to pay to upgrade to the wifi that will work well, or work at all during high traffic times. I think this is extortion. They have the wifi on the premises. If they want to charge, then just charge for the wifi and let the people know in advance and let them choose if they want to purchase it. But don't advertise that you have free wifi just to do a bait and switch.
                Jacki

Comment

Originally posted by jackio View Post
                  I have been to a couple of resorts that have free wifi, but it's really crummy. You have to pay to upgrade to the wifi that will work well, or work at all during high traffic times. I think this is extortion. They have the wifi on the premises. If they want to charge, then just charge for the wifi and let the people know in advance and let them choose if they want to purchase it. But don't advertise that you have free wifi just to do a bait and switch.
                  I've noticed this trend in hotels as well recently. Free wifi, or pay to upgrade if you want streaming, etc. I just got back from the Hilton in Philly and they did this. But I think it's better than when they used to charge $14 a day for wifi with no other options.

Comment

Must have a comfortable bed... preferably blackout curtains in the bedroom... sometimes vacations are my only opportunities to sleep in a little. Must also be clean, especially the kitchen and bathrooms. Also prefer a decent sized bathroom with counter space (urban locations, like New York and New Orleans, excluded.)
                    Juanita

Comment

clean, no odors, access to outside such as patio or balcony, love to have a washer and dryer, no noise from other units, ability to keep bedroom dark in am, decent sized bathroom, some type of kitchen, and I like something next to my side of bed, a table and a lamp, I like to read in bed.

Comment

My requirements vary depending on what city I am visiting or the type of vacation I am on.

In big cities a central location, mini-fridge and coffee maker are enough.

In Orlando and other laid back vacations, a 2 bedroom or larger, full kitchen, wifi, nice view,
                        washer/dryer, free parking and free amenities and updated room are what I look for on an exchange.

Comment

Large flat screen tv, decent internet connection and a commfy king sized bed.

Comment

Working...
                          X