Location or amenities?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Location or amenities?

For us, the location is more important than the amenities or the quality of a resort. We won't stay in a dump, but if it a decent resort in a place we want to visit, that will trump a beautiful resort in the middle of nowhere. Probably because we go on vacation mostly to sightsee, not to relax.
    Jacki

For us it is location but in a nice condo in a resort is even better.
    taffy19
    Gold Contributor
    Last edited by taffy19; 06-08-2015, 03:11 AM.

Comment

Location for us, almost every time! I'll go for the nicest place possible within a location, but I have stayed in some right dumps. As few as possible, but still...

Comment

Location, location, location.
        Luanne

Comment

Location is by far the most important. We don't stay in a timeshare just to be there. We pick the locations we want to visit and then look for the nicest accommodations we can find in the area. It could be a hotel or timeshare. We take many non-timeshare vacations. Many times we prefer a hotel.
          John

Comment

Originally posted by JWC View Post
            Location is by far the most important. We don't stay in a timeshare just to be there. We pick the locations we want to visit and then look for the nicest accommodations we can find in the area. It could be a hotel or timeshare. We take many non-timeshare vacations. Many times we prefer a hotel.
            We go to Hawaii every year so we have seen most of the beautiful spots multiple times already. Now, we love to stay in our condo and mainly on the lanai and enjoy the view. We never get enough of it and spring is an ideal time to do this because the weather is perfect to sit outside plus there are whales.

What we also like to do is go downstairs and have a sunset drink and dinner in their restaurant and listen to the music and still see the ocean too or walk on the beach path to another restaurant on the beach for a change. Not having to worry about dinner is vacation to us and Hawaii is the perfect place for total relaxation.

Comment

BOTH! We like to sight-see, but we also like to relax in the condo and it has to be at the very least decent. For what we own, definitely need a nice condo with a view and so forth- which is what we do have. But when we exchange (which is rare) or rent, we a least like something clean and comfortable.

Comment

Originally posted by jackio View Post
                For us, the location is more important than the amenities or the quality of a resort. We won't stay in a dump, but if it a decent resort in a place we want to visit, that will trump a beautiful resort in the middle of nowhere. Probably because we go on vacation mostly to sightsee, not to relax.
                Depends on why we are going. Usually location first because we like to sight see with sometimes driving 200 miles to see things. When I go to Lawrence Welk,Escondido I go to relax. We have been there so often, we've seen the sights. With our other timeshares it just depends on plans. Sometimes family reunions,etc. This week it is seeing wife's relatives that she hasn't seen in about 45 years and I've never met. Can't say too much for the location or timeshare but also, not much to choose from.
                I live to vacation and vacation to live.

Comment

Location first, then the TS with the best amenities if we can get it.

Comment

location, it really gets old driving really far to see things.

Comment

Location.

For example if I am going to the beach, I want a resort right on the beach if at all possible, and second choice would be one we can walk to the beach. Last choice, no matter how many bells and whistles it has, it one where we have to drive to the beach.

That said, if the resort is in an interesting historic building like a castle or a manor house, that gives it lots of bonus points. I would take Schloss Grubhof, a 14th century castle 45 minutes drive from Salzburg any day over a modern resort right in the city, for example.

Comment

It depends. I've gone searching and found a nice timeshare when I wasn't looking for any particular location and stayed there and enjoyed it. If there was someplace specific I was going, then location would be important.

Nancy

Comment

Originally posted by Nancy View Post
                          It depends. I've gone searching and found a nice timeshare when I wasn't looking for any particular location and stayed there and enjoyed it. If there was someplace specific I was going, then location would be important.

Nancy
                          That's how I ended up going back to Hilton Head for so many years - for our first stay we picked it for the resort (though it was beachfront, which was part of the appeal) and the area sounded nice. Then we fell in love with it, and I even bought a timeshare there!

Comment

A little of both. Usually will choose for the destination, but there are a few that I love the timeshare enough to trump other or new destinations.

Comment

Originally posted by Carolinian View Post
                              Location.

For example if I am going to the beach, I want a resort right on the beach if at all possible, and second choice would be one we can walk to the beach. Last choice, no matter how many bells and whistles it has, it one where we have to drive to the beach.
                              Agreed. I enjoy having a glass of wine on an oceanfront balcony.

Years ago, however, I stayed at a resort in Pompano Beach, FL because of onsite amenities. There weren't many beach lovers in the group (but lots of kids), so I sacrificed and drove about 5 miles to the beach a couple days.
                              Juanita

Comment

Working...
                              X