Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many exchanges have you made? Are you sorry about any of them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many exchanges have you made? Are you sorry about any of them?

We are somewhere around 60 to 70....The only one I would absolutely not return to is Sea Side Beach Club in Pompano.

We are about 80. Our worse one was the Villas at Tree Tops in the Poconos in PA. The resort itself wasn't bad, but unit was.

Nancy

Comment

We are only around 25. I haven't regretted any, but the worst timeshare I ever stayed in was one I owned - the old Summer Bay in Las Vegas. That place had a great location and a really nice clubhouse, but the units were awful.
      Jacki

Comment

I have traded about 125 times. Bad ones : Bayse Virginia, I called RCI and said I was leaving and they moved me. I regretted taking one in Cape Cod which they said was a one bedroom but was really a hotel room, and i had bronchitis and my poor husband had no way to keep away from my coughing. Once I had a room filled with mold, and another time a room filled with smoke at Vistana in Orlando and really regretted being there. after that, I never booked there again. One in Gulfport was right on the highway, each time a truck went by it hit a bump. we finally resorted to sleeping on the lumpy twin beds in the other bedroom. I regretted that way and didn't feel bad when Katrina washed it away. My other ones were basically excellent.

Comment

We've stayed in some resorts that we knew were basically dumps, so we weren't shocked when they turned out to be dumps in reality. We usually find something good about every place we've stayed. There was one place that had a really, really uncomfortable bed, and it was generally just too clunky for my DH. But one of our kids remembers it very fondly because it was right by the most beautiful lake, and ducks came up to be fed every morning.

Comment

We have done around 50 exchanges. Some were excellent, most were good and one was bad. The bad one was because of the resort. It was so bad that II gave me my week back to compensate for it. It was several years ago in Delray Beach Florida. I won't mention the name because when I reported it on TUG at the time some owner flew into a rage and harassed me saying I cost them a sale.

Our favorite resorts are the Grand Mayans in Riviera Maya and Nuevo Vallarta. We have spent 12 weeks at them. Our 2 favorite destinations are New York City and Waikiki Hawaii.
            John

Comment

Great question! Will have to work out how many we've done. I don't know whether it's good to know, or not!
              Have only had one reort that was quite a disappointment, but in a good area. A few others that have been less than stellar, but I was forewarned by reviews.

Comment

Probably closing in on 100, but I don't have the time to check right now. There were a few bad ones, two by location and 1 in pretty rough shape. Several that I would not consider again.

Comment

I have probably done 100 if you count the mini system exchanges. My worst exchange was alpine village in Alabama. It was literally in the middle of nowhere but we still had a great time fishing and visiting the thrift shops and caves in the area. Also didn't care for cape cod holiday estates. Just as bad as alpine bay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Well I guess I have the short stack in this group. I can remember them all. RCI and Orange Lake was my first. I really liked this resort. RCI and Silver Lake with three units was next. I really liked this resort. Then RCI and Vacation Village in Weston was good. RCI and the Grand Mayan Nuevo Vallarta was pretty good. RCI and the Manhattan Club was very good.

I haven't done as well with Interval International. Two exchanges that were ok. The Fishermans Wharf in SF and the Pines at Sun River. We now own at the Pines through VI.

I did one with SFX last winter in Mazatlan that was not to my liking at all. The unit was fantastic with the exception of the view which was the roof of the lobby. We left and stayed most of the week elsewhere.

For us it has always been RCI having the best exchange experience so far.

Comment

Originally posted by easyrider View Post
                      Well I guess I have the short stack in this group. I can remember them all. RCI and Orange Lake was my first. I really liked this resort. RCI and Silver Lake with three units was next. I really liked this resort. Then RCI and Vacation Village in Weston was good. RCI and the Grand Mayan Nuevo Vallarta was pretty good. RCI and the Manhattan Club was very good.

I haven't done as well with Interval International. Two exchanges that were ok. The Fishermans Wharf in SF and the Pines at Sun River. We now own at the Pines through VI.

I did one with SFX last winter in Mazatlan that was not to my liking at all. The unit was fantastic with the exception of the view which was the roof of the lobby. We left and stayed most of the week elsewhere.

For us it has always been RCI having the best exchange experience so far.
                      I have better luck with RCI too. I have lost weeks due to expiration in both SFX and DAE because they didn't have anything I could use. We mostly exchange on the east coast, and always during school vacations.
                      Jacki

Comment

It's hard to tell how many I've done because the numbers in my account also include cancelations. But it's got to be close to 100. I have left a few places early, and the two worst units I've ever stayed in were at Dover Watch at Mount Snow and Oak n Spruce. I have since returned to OnS several times with better mileage, though I do wish there were more better options in the area. Dover Watch was a serious dump but I'd stay there again in prime ski season for proximity to the mountain. It's spacious, but needs to be condemned (in fact at least one of the buildings was condemned the last time I drove by). Oh, Wind in the Pines in Great Barrington was pretty awful, too, I don't think I'll be returning there - mold inside and a horrible sewage-like smell outside from the neighboring property.

Comment

We have only done maybe 10 in our 16 years of ownerships. We like our home resort that much! We only exchanged our fixed week once, but we did exchange our preassigned floater week every year while our son was young. Now we also use that week whenever it may fall in the off-season. Once in a while we exchange it. It helps that we can drive to it and there are times I just don't want to deal with air travel and expensive airfare and rental cars and navigating everything. Nice and easy to just pack the car and drive the 6 hours up, often times stopping to see other sights along the way up. Now, for the most part- if we want to go somewhere else we take an ADDITIONAL vacation and rent from other timeshare owners or Home Away.

Comment

We have exchanged very little because we like our timeshares and the locations where they are. The exchanges we made were all good experiences. Only one time did we end up with a parking lot view but our family loved the condo and we were sightseeing most of the day so it wasn't that bad.

Comment

I don't know how many we've done, but I don't recall any really bad exchanges except one in the Phillipines that I got for our son and family. They left the property and I reported it to RCI, but no compensation.

Comment

Working...
                              X