Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many exchanges have you made? Are you sorry about any of them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

140 +/-

Loved them all.
    RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

have to add Nautical Watch Beach Resort near Clearwater Florida to the bad list. We went home. we have had about 135 to 140 exchanges

Comment

Don't have a clue how many exchanges but have owned multiple TS for 14 years.

My worst of the worst was Connemara Country Cottages, an RCI exchange in Ireland. Disgusting and decrepit and broken heating system. Only a peat fire to warm a three bedroom cottage. We slept in our clothes and left at 8 am the morning after check in.

I had a dated unit at Oak n Spruce but it really is the luck of the draw there. Returned two more times and had very nice units and really, the attraction is the Berkshires.

I have pretty much always been happy with my exchanges and my home resorts. I prefer II over RCI because to me, the quality of the accommodations I have received thru II has been better.
        However, I enjoy travel to Europe and RCI hands down has many more properties.

I just lost two deposits with SFX because they changed their policy and I could not trade into the area I preferred more then once in three years. So no more SFX for me.
        Pat
        *** My Website ***

Comment

Originally posted by rapmarks View Post
          have to add Nautical Watch Beach Resort near Clearwater Florida to the bad list. We went home. we have had about 135 to 140 exchanges
          Is this the one you recently posted about with the weird ceiling and strange layout???
          Pat
          *** My Website ***

Comment

Originally posted by GrayFal View Post
            Is this the one you recently posted about with the weird ceiling and strange layout???
            yes it is, and I saw a last minute on Marco Island is a lesser resort,and now my husband won't go.

Comment

103 exchanges in II, probably another 50+ in RCI/RHC bookings and rentals!

Thanks for starting this thread, it was fun to look over my history. In 2002 (ancient history) I had a few misses - Inn on the Harbor in Newport, RI. It was a great location, right on the water, but a small converted hotel with a broken mirror and electricity that was sporadic. Also, that year my DD went to Oceanique in FL, again a resort on the water, but not a swimming beach and parking issues. Since then, I read reviews!!!!!

Maria

Comment

Check-In Nights Resort Name Unit Type

02/10/2015 4 Wyndham Governor's Green 3 Bedroom Deluxe
                02/14/2015 1 Wyndham Governor's Green 3 Bedroom Deluxe

04/25/2015 2 Wyndham Kingsgate 2 Bedroom Deluxe
                04/27/2015 1 Wyndham Kingsgate 2 Bedroom Deluxe

06/14/2015 5 Wyndham Patriots' Place 2 Bedroom Deluxe Lockoff

07/27/2015 2 Wyndham Kingsgate 1 Bedroom

09/15/2015 4 Wyndham Governor's Green 3 Bedroom Deluxe
                09/19/2015 3 Wyndham Governor's Green 3 Bedroom Deluxe

09/27/2015 7 Wyndham Kingsgate 3 Bedroom Lockoff
                10/04/2015 5 Wyndham Kingsgate 3 Bedroom Lockoff

12/09/2015
                3 Wyndham Kingsgate 3 Bedroom Lockoff
                12/12/2015 4 Wyndham Kingsgate 3 Bedroom Lockoff

This is 2015 only. As you see, we like to visit Williamsburg. Always plenty to do and our grown grand daughters and the great grands are in the area.

TSs have been an untold number in Virginia, 1 in NC, 9 in South Carolina, 12 in Florida, 1 in Arkansas, 3 in Arizona, 3 in Hawaii
                Robert

Comment

I figure I have had over 150 timeshare stays and taking in my total purchase cost and closing costs, I have to add ten dollars per stay to the cost of the maintenance fees and exchange fees to come up with my total cost. so one or two bad trades hasn't hurt my over all view.

Comment

We are not sure how many exchanges we have done. The only one we regret was in Virginia Beach at the Beach Quarters. The resort was nice enough but there was a large group staying there that was loud and disruptive for several days.

Comment

We have done over 100. I can't really say I was unhappy with iany of them but I do a lot of research before I pick a resort/location. Often the location is the more important issue and as long as the resort is clean, we are happy. My most disappointing exchange was the Vistana in Orlando many years ago. We were put in an old tired unit with very uncomfortable beds. I am sure it's been remodeled since. My DD and her family recently stayed at the resort and they were thrilled with their unit.

Comment

Wow, I'm afraid to look at how many, but it must be in the 60ish range. The only ones I regret are the ones I've had to cancel last minute!

Comment

Originally posted by Glitter Brunello View Post
                          Wow, I'm afraid to look at how many, but it must be in the 60ish range. The only ones I regret are the ones I've had to cancel last minute!
                          I would say that applies to me too! Maybe only 20 or so exchanges but I have had to cancel quite a few, and I always regret that.
                          Jacki

Comment

I share our pain

Comment

Originally posted by rapmarks View Post
                              I share our pain
                              Ditto, sadly

Comment

I bet it is more

In my primary or oldest II account I have 91 exchanges. This includes Marriott's. Since the DC started, I have 10 more exchanges in that special,account.
                                I also have an Wyndhan II account with 16 exchanges.
                                I would say 25% of these were were friends and family.

I have 2RCI accounts...my weeks account has 18, my BG portal account has 31 exchanges but many are 3-5 night stays in Manhattan and also about 25% are for friends and family.

And then there are stays at my home resorts...all in (come January 2016) 15 years.

I sure am lucky!
                                Pat
                                *** My Website ***

Comment

Working...
                                X