Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you never stayed in your timeshare?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you never stayed in your timeshare?

I own 4 timeshares and have never stayed in any of them. I did stay in two I used to own, Vistana in Orlando (loved it, have since sold the unit) and Summer Bay in Las Vegas. Summer Bay moved and became the Desert Club, now Holiday Inn Vacation Club. I have been to Las Vegas several times since the move but have never stayed there.

I also owned in South Africa for several years, and never stayed there either.
    Jacki

I've never stayed in mine. I own 2 blue weeks in Ocean City MD. One is President's Day week, and I thought I'd use it, but never have. I also own a week in South Africa.

Nancy

Comment

I stayed many times at ours in Osage Beach, MO. when we stayed we got to use the big boats for two hours a day, which would have cost as much as our maintenance fees. We traded one week and stayed the other many years, but i never used my week at Christmas Mountain. i booked it for my son but his wife read trip adviser and got a hotel room instead. As far as the one in south africa I owned for three years, no never

Comment

Over time I tried to only buy things I would use if/when the trading thing stopped working, and the properties I used are the ones I've most enjoyed owning. Usually things that would be hard to trade into - Hilton Head prime summer, Park City prime skiing, and Hawaii in summer have been my favorites. And I do enjoy the little perqs we get as owners, like preferred unit location in some places.

Comment

We have stayed at our resort in Williamsburg, but not during our own week. We've always exchanged in. It is quite a nice resort.

Comment

Our very first timeshare week vacation was spent at our own timeshare at San Luis Bay Inn, Avila Beach CA. We just did that once.

At our other timeshare, we only use bonus time for 2-3 nights at the Gaslamp Plaza Suites in San Diego. We use the bonus time quite often to play tourist in San Diego. We bought this one for trading as we lived in San Diego when we bought it and now live just an hour away.
            JWC
            Super Moderator
            Last edited by JWC; 06-10-2015, 07:24 PM.
            John

Comment

Never stayed in 7 weeks that I owned SA-3,Williamsburg,Orlando,One of my Royal Mayan weeks and my high summer week in Maine). Now I only have 1 week that I've never stayed in.

Comment

Have now stayed at two out of many. Both in Hawaii- one we liked, one not so much!
                Friends recently stayed at their South Africa unit after a safari, and really enjoyed it.

Comment

I have stayed in a few that I have owned over the years. South Africa, never stayed, but it used to get great trades. I have stayed in the Ireland summer week we own and the summer Cape Cod week. I have also stayed at the Village Holiday Club on Crete that we once once upon a time. We also owned Westgate and have stayed at Villas, Town Center and Lakes, we do not own there anymore. Over the years we've owned more than I can remember and have brought our ownership down to 3 weeks.

Joy
                  “ Peace, if it ever exists, will not be based on the fear of war but on the love of peace. ”

— Herman Wouk

Comment

Yep. Marriotts Willow Ridge Lodge. I can say with 99% certainly that I will never stay there.

Comment

I have stayed in my fixed week beach places and in my Disney home resort but other than that have never stayed at my vacation village parkway nor my grand view in Vegas nor my Wyndham in San Antonio although I will one day stay at them all. I also own at Christmas mountain village and have yet to visit. Not sure I will but would like to one day. And my newest acquisition at Disney Polynesian will definitely be a buy to use resort!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have used all of our timeshares but with these multi destination systems Im going to need more time to hit them all. I have stayed at all 6 the Villa del Palmar properties. Maybe 15 out of 80 - 120 Worldmark properties. Only 2 of the recently acquired VI properties.

I dumped all of my fixed weeks which were used mostly for trading into the Worldmark system for more points or bonus time.

Comment

Short answer- No.

Comment

Originally posted by jackio View Post
                            I own 4 timeshares and have never stayed in any of them. I did stay in two I used to own, Vistana in Orlando (loved it, have since sold the unit) and Summer Bay in Las Vegas. Summer Bay moved and became the Desert Club, now Holiday Inn Vacation Club. I have been to Las Vegas several times since the move but have never stayed there.

I also owned in South Africa for several years, and never stayed there either.
                            Why?

Comment

We stayed in one we used to own in Fort Lauderdale years ago, several times, but have not stayed in any of the ones we currently own. However, we just might one of these days!

Comment

Working...
                              X