Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you never stayed in your timeshare?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought 2 fixed weeks (with one pre-assigned off-season floater attached to one of those weeks) and specific units that I want to stay in at at the 2 resorts I like that we can drive to. We only exchanged one fix week once since 1999 and after our son was older, we hardly ever exchanged the floater anymore. If we do, we use an independent exchange company- not RCI or II..

Comment

Originally posted by mpumilia View Post
      Why?
      Two of them I bought specifically for trading. They get good TPUs and have low maintenance fees. One I got specifically to join II because I wanted to see what I could get in that system. That one is a good trader too. The Las Vegas one I have been converting to Holiday Inn points to stay in hotels when I couldn't get a timeshare. Next month I am using those points in San Diego and San Francisco. While we are there we are going to visit our Sand Pebbles resort, but I wanted to stay in the city.
      I really have to downsize, but I like all of my units for different reasons.
      Jacki

Comment

We have only stayed once at The Donatello in San Francisco and that was 20+ years ago when we bought there. We live only 40 miles away and bought for exchange purposes. We also each have been to San Francisco so many times showing relatives around that we don't enjoy going to San Francisco and love seeing other areas.
        I live to vacation and vacation to live.

Comment

Have you never stayed in your timeshare?

The answer is no to the OP's question.

Comment

I own 5 accounts with Bluegreen. Never stayed in any of the units I am deeded in, but have stayed at one of the resorts, different week and unit that what we own.
            Don

Comment

I've stayed at 3 out of 4 but never the week I actually own. Just for bonus time and day use.

Comment

We always stayed in our Puerto Vallarta ones but never in our Orlando ones. Maybe we will when the grandkids are a little older bu right now we use them to trade only.

Comment

We have never stayed at our unit in Myrtle Beach. It is Holiday Inn South Beach resort. We converted to their points and have stayed at other resorts in the network.

Comment

Originally posted by dcwojo View Post
                    We have never stayed at our unit in Myrtle Beach. It is Holiday Inn South Beach resort. We converted to their points and have stayed at other resorts in the network.
                    I have heard of a lot of HIVC owners who are trying to exchange IN to that resort.
                    Jacki

Comment

I have a home resort preference but we use the points for quick trips to Florida and occasional RCI exchanges. Our other points system ownership has a resort in Myrtle Beach that has a waterpark tha our nieces children love and since they are usually with us for our east coast trips we stay there for convenience.

Comment

Although I bought my timeshares to trade, with the exception of South Africa, I have stayed in all the resorts I have owned.

Comment

Stayed at Marriott Fairway Villas multiple tImes and the same with Aruba Surf Club. Have sold these weeks.
                          Like Stressy, I will never stay at Marriott Williow Ridge but might stay at BG Big Cedar just to see what the hoopla is all about.

I have never stayed at
                          Island Park Village, now sold
                          I have visited but not stayed at Sand Pebbles. Now sold
                          Sheraton Broadway Plantation. Now sold.
                          Ocean Club at Smugglers Beach. Visited but no stay, now sold.
                          Fox run and Fairway of the Mountains. Nope, now sold.
                          Divi in Barbados. Nope, now sold.

Bluegreen ownership is deeded in many places. I have stayed at La Cabana and Solara Surfside where I have deeds.
                          Pat
                          *** My Website ***

Comment

Not yet but might be next year when we plane a vacation with our son and his family at BG Big Cedar

Comment

Dikhololo - No - Gave back to resort
                              Mayan Palce - Yes
                              Apple Valley - No - Sold
                              Melia now Starwood in Costa Rica - once
                              Patriot's Place, Williamsburg - No - Gave back to resort
                              Sandcastle, Cape Cod - Summer Week - No, Spring week - No - Sold Spring week
                              Brigantine, NJ - No - Rent out every year
                              Had one in Utah but can't remember the name - Never stayed - Sold
                              Pat H

Comment

Mount Amanzi - No
                                Lighthouse Point Ocean City - 2 weeks No

Comment

Working...
                                X