Maui Schooner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maui Schooner?

Anyone have any feedback on this resort? Have been offered it by II and like the idea of the Kihei location as our other two weeks are in Ka'anapali.
    Would appreciate your thoughts and/or suggested alternatives. Thanks!!

Cons: No central A/C. I think it has window A/C but not in bedrooms. Beach is not swimmable directly in front but near others that are.

Pros: Believe it was recently renovated.

Nothing is overly fancy in Kihei. Most timeshares tend to be older. Not that there is anything wrong with that...just know that going in.

Comment

Thanks Stressy!

Comment

Are you planning to go in the winter or summer? We very seldom use A/C in March and April as we love our doors and windows wide open day and night.

We like Kihei but it is not a fancy and touristy area and the beach is a good walking beach. The Maui Schooner has been completely refurbished when we saw it last year.

You may like the Wailea area better and close to that are the Maui Lea at Maui Hill and Worldmark Resorts. The Maui Lea is a much nicer Hawaiian style resort with big units and a few nice snorkel beaches and coves very close by and the same for Worldmark.

Comment

Go for it
          Originally posted by happymum View Post
          Anyone have any feedback on this resort? Have been offered it by II and like the idea of the Kihei location as our other two weeks are in Ka'anapali.
          Would appreciate your thoughts and/or suggested alternatives. Thanks!!
          ... not enough time for all the timeshares ®

Comment

Thanks for the input Emmy and Spence.

Comment

We own at Maui Hill and love the Kihei area. However, we don't use the beaches there. We drive down to the beach that is in front of the Makena Beach & Golf Resort. We've been using that beach for years.

http://www.kayak.com/h/run/api/image...675&height=450
              Luanne

Comment

I own a week at the Schooner and we love it. They have done some remodeling and it turned out great. It is older but in great shape. I really like Kihei and you have a good idea splitting your time.
                Up coming trips
                May-Pono Kai Kauai, July-Jockey Club Las Vegas, October-Florida Palm Beach
                My Website

Comment

Looking forward to our stay!

Comment

We are staying there next summer! Any and all information of the area and island would be appreciated.

Comment

If anyone wants restaurant recommendations for the Kihei (and Wailea) areas I'd be glad to provide them. We were just there this past March.
                      Luanne

Comment

Yes, we would.

Comment

Originally posted by riverdees05 View Post
                          Yes, we would.
                          Most of these are for dinner recommendations. I’ve noted those we’ve gone to for breakfast and lunch. I’ve grouped them by location.

Wailea:
                          Gannon’s – they serve breakfast, lunch and dinner, we’ve only had lunch and dinner there.
                          Joe’s Restaurant - (another Bev Gannon restaurant) This one was closed for renovation while we were there, I understand they are going to change the menu.
                          Manoli’s Pizza – another one where the setting is great. They do have good pizza and pastas.
                          Monkeypod – we liked it for lunch better than for dinner as we were able to get a table outside. This is in a small shopping center kind of up the hill from the resorts.
                          The restaurants at the Wailea shopping center are okay, but I’d recommend these others first. Avoid Longhi's. We had a terrible dinner there.

Kihei:
                          Café O Lei – this is usually our first night dinner spot. It is in the Rainbow strip mall. Not the fanciest of places, but good selection. And I love their lilikoi margarita.
                          Bistro 808 – breakfast and dinner, they don’t have a liquor license, but you can bring your own wine in if you want
                          Ono Gelato
                          Fred’s – for breakfast
                          Five Palms – lunch, mostly for the atmosphere
                          Three's - ate there for the first time this last trip, try to get a table outside
                          Cuatro - another one that we ate at for the first time this trip, and another with no liquor (but you can bring your own)

Hali'imaile General Store – address is Makawao. We’ve only been there for lunch, it was excellent. Another of Bev Gannon’s restaurants.

Mama’s Fish House – always excellent and very expensive
                          Luanne

Comment

Although it's been a while since I was there, we had our only memorable on Maui at Mama's Fish House. Easily accessible from Kihei. We actually stopped there for dinner on our way back from Hana. We changed out of our bathing suits and into dinner attire in the parking lot, much to the amazement of the parking valet staff.
                            It's expensive, def, but if you're going to do one special meal on Maui, this is it. Imho, of course

Comment

Originally posted by Glitter Brunello View Post
                              Although it's been a while since I was there, we had our only memorable on Maui at Mama's Fish House. Easily accessible from Kihei. We actually stopped there for dinner on our way back from Hana. We changed out of our bathing suits and into dinner attire in the parking lot, much to the amazement of the parking valet staff.
                              It's expensive, def, but if you're going to do one special meal on Maui, this is it. Imho, of course
                              It's definitely a special meal. But boy oh boy has it gotten expensive. Everyone should go at least once, and if you can get a table with a view.

I really think the best meals we've had on Maui in our last few visits have been at Hale'maile General Store.

And in Lahaina we love going to Kimo's. The food can be hit or miss, luckily the last few times we've gone it's been really good. But it's one that we love the setting.
                              Luanne

Comment

Working...
                              X