have you ever left a resort early....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• have you ever left a resort early....

because it was just not good for you? We did this 10 years or so ago when our unit was filthy and in disrepair, and they said they couldn't move us.
    We called RCI, who couldn't find a replacement, and we got our week back.

Yes - twice. The latest was at Colonial Acres on the Cape when hurricane Sandy was about to hit. The other one was in Maine - the Jordan Grand, where an exhaust fan bearing was squealing from the second or third day on. They offered us another unit, since they had to get special equipment to get to it and fix it, but between the lack of sleep and the fact that we had another exchange coming the next week, we left a day or two early, went home, got some sleep and made a shorter trip to our next stay in western NY. The Jordan Grand was somewhat reminiscent of the movie- The Shining.

Comment

This summer we left early from Lake Chelan because of the heat. We were here for late June and the 4th of July weeks. Usually the weather is around 80 but this year it was 107. The kids stayed as they and the grandkids like to play in the lake. The pools were way to warm. My wife is a redhead and melts in this type of heat.

About ten years ago we left Lake Chelan early on an August trip because of smoke from wildfires. Currently , this area has two large wildfires happening with one a mile away from the City of Chelan.

Comment

We left a resort in Daytona early a few years ago after a teenager fell from the balcony across from ours and passed away. My wife was so upset we left the resort and went to Kissimmee for 5 days. Our timeshare company actually helped get us a room on short notice at no extra cost.

Comment

We left a few days early from Stallion Springs in Tehachapi,Ca. for several reasons.
          1) we had our kids about 5 and 11 years old and they said they had a free mini golf course but didn't say it was all torn up.
          2) pools were empty
          3) couldn't open drawers in fridge because large door didn't open wide enough
          4). This was the kicker. The mid-week clean up people ate snacks we had in fridge and drank soda's from fridge and had the nerve to leave the empty cans on the table for us to clean up. We left the next day, 3 days early.
          This happened years ago when we first started time sharing.
          I live to vacation and vacation to live.

Comment

twice we were in horrific units and told RCI we were leaving in the morning, both times they moved us. Last January we had every thing go wrong int he unit we were in, but RCI did not move us. we couldn't go home because we had 7 guests and they would have nowhere to go, so we stuck it out. we left early because of bad weather many times.

Comment

I left Stonegate Great Barrington in the Berkshires, a few years ago because my Auntie fell on the stairs on a Saturday and I wanted a more handicap accessible resort.
              I called RCI and they weren't very helpful at all, but since I'm also an owner at Vacation Village resorts, I spoke to the Berkshires V V Manager and he got us moved in and straightened out the exchange move with RCI on Monday morning. It saved the trip for us.

I leave a lot of week long exchanges early, usually not because I am dissatisfied with the resort, but that I don't need the full week.
              I once had a very concerned cast member at the Disney Vero resort worry about why we were checking out early.
              I had to assure her that it wasn't because we were unhappy but that I had to work the next day.

Comment

Originally posted by tonyg View Post
                Yes - twice. The latest was at Colonial Acres on the Cape when hurricane Sandy was about to hit. The other one was in Maine - the Jordan Grand, where an exhaust fan bearing was squealing from the second or third day on. They offered us another unit, since they had to get special equipment to get to it and fix it, but between the lack of sleep and the fact that we had another exchange coming the next week, we left a day or two early, went home, got some sleep and made a shorter trip to our next stay in western NY. The Jordan Grand was somewhat reminiscent of the movie- The Shining.
                I got to stay there when it was new, Out of the way but it was very nice
                Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Comment

Only once for a unit/resort issue this past June in New Hampshire.

I work while away and employer requires us to be on secure wifi. The resort did not offer secure wifi and I had to work by tethering my iphone for use as a hotspot. A decent work around until I realized that cell reception in the area was not strong. I could have stuck it out until Saturday, but my DH was leaving on Wednesday (already planned) and our neighbors in unit next door were tough. They were in their 60s...but were up all night yelling at each other, the swearing was terrible. The smell of pot was strong all the time. Honestly, I think the man had PTSD issues (had purple heart license plate) so I tried my best to just be cordial. But, I didn't want to be there alone with our child after DH left. Upon us leaving and packing up the car the police showed up because this couple had stolen a phone a few nights prior from the main building. (had them on security cameras). At that point....I was glad to go home.

Comment

yes

Comment

Bing - too much information !

Comment

I have on many occasions. I just recently left the resort I was staying at in Brigantine, NJ that I had until October 16th. I'm not a big gambler, and although I like drinking I don't particularly like doing it alone. After 3 days there I realized that once I had done the boardwalk in Atlantic City there was not much else to do. I could have gone to Ocean City but I was without a car and spending hours on the bus was not my idea of a good time so instead I headed back to Philadelphia and spent 3 wonderful days there instead.

Comment

We check out early in terms of before the checkout time because the traffic has become horrific. Also, I now cannot always take off the day after we get home , so we need to get home early to get things done and ready for the work week.

Prior to this-before 9/11- when there wasn't as much traffic- we would leave precisely at check-out time and not a minute before because we didn't want to go home! LOL!

That's the extent of us leaving a resort early.

Comment

I left Connemara Ciuntry Cottages after 12 hours. The only reason we stayed is because by the time we got new accommodations, it was late and we did not want to drive. The previous week were were in Fitzpatricks Castle.

The central heat was broken in the unit. There were two electric heaters and only one worked. The person who checked us in could not tell us when it would be fixed. The bathrooms and kitchen were disgusting. We started a peat fire and huddled around it watching Britains Got Talent! We slept in our clothes and left before 8 am.

It was an RCI exchange 10 years ago. RCI website does not let you do same day checkin so I went on II and was able to book Old Killarney Village. It was about a 4 hour drive. We still were able to drive thru the Burren, see the Cliffs of Moher and ADare and the thatch roof cottages.

Disappointed as we had wanted to further explore western Ireland but had a fun time spending extended time in Killarney, Ring of Kerry, Dingle Peninsula.
                            GrayFal
                            Silver Contributor and supermoderator
                            Last edited by GrayFal; 10-22-2015, 10:11 AM.
                            Pat
                            *** My Website ***

Comment

that's a smart way of using lemons to make lemonade!

Comment

Working...
                              X