Housekeeping-is the quality changing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Housekeeping-is the quality changing?

As I write this, I am at Christmas Mountain Village (CMV) just outside Wisconsin Dells. We have both the A and B units of the townhome.
    We have had maintenance here 3 times. The gremlins strike overnight and make the kitchen light fail in one unit (still not working, they gave up until we leave).

But, my question is about housekeeping.
    When we moved it, we found 2 broken outlet covers (which should have been reported by housekeeping).
    The drain was not in the bathtub, maintenance replaced it (screwed it back in place) and said that housekeeping should have done that.
    We have dead lady beetles in nearly every window. Many windows are dirty too.
    Window blinds have not been wiped down in several months. For that mater, a lot of areas have dust or dirt.
    There is confetti on the floor in the master bedroom. It is not a lot, but, it is there.
    There are about a dozen cigarette butts outside on the balcony decking, but of course, we can't use the balcony. It has been raining, windy, cold and the screen door wouldn't close until maintenance readjusted it.

And another comment about CMV, they have taken the DVD players out of the units and bolted the TVs to the wall. I was able to squeeze my hand between the wall and the TV so I could put in an HDMI cable to watch DVDs and my home DVR from my laptop.

Is this here only, is it Bluegreen only or is this the trend in timeshare units?
    Don

We were at the Manhattan Club and had a nice one bedroom unit. My wife went to take a hot bath on one of the nights and the tub stopper would not work. We did tell maintenance and housekeeping and everyone just passed the job onto some one else. No one fixed it during our stay.

Recently at a Hilton on our first night we arrived late. Checked in and put our bags in the room and headed to the lobby restaurant. We were back to the room by 10:30 and went to take showers. The shower diverter was missing so there was no way to shower. We called the front desk and because the place was full we couldn't change rooms. No one showed up to fix this by 3 pm so we were given a different room.

We found a pair of womans pantys behind the toilet at Papakea Resort in Hawaii.

The above were recent stays with in the last year.

Comment

I know the housekeeping suffered greatly when one resort imposed a weekly gratuity charge that was "distributed" amongst all the resort employees from the housekeepers to the pool towel lady. The resort removed that fee the next year and housekeeping had improved when people could opt to tip the individuals serving them.

You see this subject pop up on the boards, whether people tip and a surprising amount of people do not. I'm one who supports tipping for people who have a tough job for minimum wage. I also know I am taken care of during my stays and have no complaints.
      Lawren
      ------------------------
      There are many wonderful places in the world, but one of my favourite places is on the back of my horse.
      - Rolf Kopfle

Comment

All companies and resorts within that are all different but we have never had a room with dead bugs in the Windows. We would have been livid to find a room in that poor of a condition.

Comment

Considering the cleaning fees they charge of $91 a week in addition to your annual MF's I would expect much more that's for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by dcwojo View Post
            All companies and resorts within that are all different but we have never had a room with dead bugs in the Windows.
            We have seldom gotten dead bugs in all the time we've spent in Florida. They are almost always still alive.

RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

Working...
            X