Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possible Scam? Has anyone dealt with A&M Consulting (Alvin & Marshall Consulting)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible Scam? Has anyone dealt with A&M Consulting (Alvin & Marshall Consulting)

A friend received an unsolicited offer from a consultant, Justin Baker, from Alvin & Marshall Consulting for his timeshare week at The Grand Mayan Riviera Maya. Unsolicited alone brings up the red flags and the fact that the offer is "really good" has lead me to believe this is just another scam. As of yet, they are not asking my friend to send $$$ or pay fees upfront.
    They are trying to get owner's information and I'm not sure how that helps if it is actually a scam, unless they are going to get the information and then come back and ask for an upfront fee. At that point it's time to tell them to go scr#w off.

Thank you for your interest in pursuing the purchase. opportunity. As previously
    explained we would like to include your Grand Mayan membership into our purchaser’s
    buyout.

After a preliminary look at your vacation ownership, we propose a purchase price of $50,000 Please keep in mind that for our services, our company charges a 6% commission of the confirmed purchase offer.

If you believe our offer is up to par and would like to proceed, we would simply require ownership verification which will be utilized by an appointed that shall be assigned once ownership is verified. Once appointed the title company will further conduct the research required in order to confirm the membership is in free and clear status and to confirm the purchase price offered.
    Has anyone heard of these guys? It has scam written all over it. The supposed business address is out of Los Angeles.

Of course it's a scam. Haven't heard of them but I would expect they'll ask for the 6% commission up front, or 'while the payment is in escrow,' soon enough. That $50,000 number is SO absurd.

Comment

Well, other than the first obvious red flag of a cold call offering $50,000 for something that can be had on the normal resale market for next to nothing, there is also no business entity listed with the the California Secretary of State by that name.
      Scott

Comment

Yup, it is a scam.
        Pat
        *** My Website ***

Comment

Thanks everyone.... I should have checked out that information Scott. The business name was not Inc. or LLC so I didn't bother to check anything except their name and business address. Business address is too difficult to rule out with a suite number. I checked with the Bureau of Real Estate also but I am not sure if this type of company would have to be licensed by BRE.
          After my friend told the consultant that he had authorized me to speak on his behalf, he immediately ended the call and haven't heard a peep since

Comment

Working...
          X