Offering a rental

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offering a rental

My wife and I are considering offering one our units for rental. Should we have a contract and if so where can we find a good template for a contract?

I always went with a contract. I used to use the last century designed rental contract sold by Timesharing Today magazine, but I'm sure you should be able to find something free on the net by now that would do.

Comment

I do a fair number of rentals and I dont use a separate contract. I provide a copy of the resorts confirmation that has the "house" rules, like no pets, over 21 to check in etc, and I add a notes like "no cancellations, no returns", and the payment due date, to the pay pal invoice I send.

I figure if they pay they have agreed to my terms

Comment

You should use a contract.. It should provide both parties with a clear understanding of what is being rented, and the terms of your transaction. A simple google search for "free timeshare rental contract" will provide with a few options. Not having a rental agreement just seems unprofessional to me...
        my travel website: Vacation-Times.org.

"A vacation is what you take when you can no longer take what you’ve been taking."
        ~Earl Wilson

Comment

Originally posted by rikkis_playpen View Post
          You should use a contract.. It should provide both parties with a clear understanding of what is being rented, and the terms of your transaction. A simple google search for "free timeshare rental contract" will provide with a few options. Not having a rental agreement just seems unprofessional to me...
          excellent advice if you want to be seen as professional.. I dont .. the confirmation and my cancellation policy written on the invoice is pretty much all thats needed. to spell out the details of our deal, an agreement would just restate those things already stated .

The problem I have is that a contract is only as good as the people signing it. and enforcement is only as good as the lawyers you hire to press your case. Since I dont have any intention of hiring a lawyer..Id rather return an unhappy customers money than pay a lawyer to fight to keep it. I dont need a contract, and at least so far, all my guests (hundreds a year) seem ok without one.

By the way, I dont want to appear professional.

Comment

I rent ours on Craigslist or another forum.

At the point when I determine that someone is a sincere prospect, I tell them that our series of emails will serve as our understanding. Then I put the necessary contract-type stuff in the email string.

I've never had a problem.

Oh, BTW, I've got a 2-bedroom at Fine Kettle still available for this Saturday. That's what I get for being such a nice guy, and saving it for the family that had it last year, and promised me they would take it this year again.

Oh well, it's only money.
            RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

Working...
            X