Interval Xchange beta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interval Xchange beta

Hi everyone, we are looking for a few volunteers to test a new service called Interval Xchange, intervalxchange.com. Its not a timeshare exchange company in the traditional sense (although there are some similarities) and its not limited to timeshare owners alone but we think timeshare owners will find it extremely useful. Please feel free to provide any feedback, suggestions or criticism.

P.S.: The service has been in full time development since last October and this post is the first time anyone anywhere is made aware of Interval Xchange so its kind of a historic moment for us. Our palms are sweaty, we have butterflies in our stomachs but we think our baby is ready to see the world. We really hope you find it useful!

good luck

Whatever it is can't be much worse than what already is.

PS: There is a natural suspicion about first-time posts on forums, especially when they are self-serving.
    RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

Thanks JLB! And yes initial suspicion is perfectly natural and understandable. Hopefully it'll go away as this thread matures and a few trusted members post their feedback.

Comment

My first comment is the "About Us" page doesn't actually show any information about the company or it's principals. Also, it appears from your shown address of 4700 Millenia Blvd Suite 175, Orlando, Fl, 32839 that you are using a virtual office rather showing any actual physical presence. (https://www.davincivirtual.com/loc/u.../facility-1314).

Those two factors don't go very far toward instilling confidence in a company...
        Scott

Comment

Scootr, all valid points. Keep in mind, we are a startup and with most startups, resources are very limited and any available resources go toward development and soon (once we are out of beta) marketing. We have a team of developers who work out of Ukraine managed by project managers in the US. The address listed on the website is a real, valid address that you can send mail to and it will reach us. As far as the content of the ABOUT US page, we wanted to be clear and concise about who we are and what we do. As our company matures we will definitely establish more of a company culture and principals which we'll be sure to update on our about us page.

Keep in mind, this is just a beta version, a proof of concept if you will. During this stage you'll find bugs, things may not work as intended, the content of support pages will be lacking, since our developers are Ukrainian lots of words will be misspelled . But that's the whole purpose of the beta version - with your help we will iron out all the major issues before the public release.

Comment

In that case, since suspicion increased, I'll wait until it's "out of beta".

RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

JLB, lol. Nothing wrong with that strategy. We don't want anyone taking unnecessary risks Right now we just need for a few people to take a fresh look at the service and provide feedback. Test the registration process (use fake info if you want), see the user account area from the "inside", go through the steps of creating inventory, let us know if anything is confusing..etc

There is absolutely no cost to register, maintain an account or add inventory. There really is no catch. The only way we would make money from a user is if they actually added a real interval and another user paid to reserve it. We really need someone to take the plunge and tell everyone else that it isn't scary on the "other side"

Comment

Has Interval International sued for using the Interval name yet ?

Comment

Not as of this afternoon. On a more serious note, we don't intend to compete with any existing timeshare exchange companies, we have a completely different business model. On the contrary, we'd like to work with them to provide their customers more flexibility and value.

Comment

Originally posted by tonyg View Post
                    Has Interval International sued for using the Interval name yet ?
                    I had not thought of that.

When I was compiling information for a book about the history of timesharing in SW FL, I asked for permission from both RCI and II. II said I could not use their name, II, or their resort classifications, even though they are used a bajillion times a day on the Internet.

It would be pretty hard to prepare a list of II resorts without using II or Interval International.

Comment

JLB, fortunately for us the word "interval" is a very generic term found in every dictionary which defines a period of time. Doubtful that II sues everyone who uses the word interval in their company name.

Comment

All I see is a forbidden 403 warning like this:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Comment

Originally posted by iconnections View Post
                          All I see is a forbidden 403 warning like this:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access / on this server.
                          make sure you type the correct URL: its inetrvalxchange.com or beta.intervalxchange.com , the word Xchange is without the "e"

Comment

I actually misspelled the first url in the last post myself. Its intervalxchange.com or beta.intervalxchange.com

Comment

Originally posted by Interval Xchange View Post
                              the word Xchange is without the "e"
                              Xchang

Comment

Working...
                              X