Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• advertisment companys for timeshares

Greetings to all,
    I am new here, but judging by the content of a familiar environment of bewilderment and confusion of the legal absurdity of timeshare do's and don'ts. So with that being said, it became apparent a lot of timeshare activity originates out of Florida, in the sense of the business to advertise.
    My question is straight forward.
    How can one go about determining the validity of any advertisement company, for example (sell my timeshare now, and it's affiliation with a parent or entity company) and the success of it's program to connect buyer and seller?
    In other words, their track record of successful and completed deals of bringing buyer and seller together.
    A secondary and just as important question, on the list of scams (most are right?) where would one find the good, bad and ugly on a advertisement company committed to the timeshare industry?
    thanks in advance, I will share my timeshare story later.

I don't know of any rating system, so about the only way one can determine the validity of a timeshare sales entity is personal information. You can look them up on the internet and see if there are any negative comments and then ask someplace like here about their activity. I also believe that positive commentaries by posters with few posts and little time on the forum should be looked at with skepticism. Sometimes a search on this site will give you information on timeshare re-sellers.

Oh, and one more thing --- I tend to check out any timeshare re-sellers mentioned on this forum, and post the negatives found.

Comment

Ask Pam Bondi.

She determines what is right and wrong in Florida.

or . . . an internet search, such as "complaints about ________________________"
      RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

As a seller, I have used myresortnetwork.com successfully for a difficult to move Australian timeshare. I used another timeshare site's bargain basement listing to move a winter week on OBX.

As a buyer, I used Ebay to buy from a seller with a very good ebay rating and a very mixed reputation outside of Ebay. That worked very easily so I think the Ebay reputation was important to that seller.

Comment

Here's something that worked recently.

I found something we wanted on a dubious website, but was unable to get anywhere via them. So, knowing the week and unit, I called the resort. Grudgingly, with a bit of hemming and hawing, the one person at the resort who would be willing to do such a thing, called the owner and gave them our phone number.

The owner was tickled to find someone outside of a resale company, and it was obvious they had had some bad experiences. They dropped their price slightly, and we eliminated the closing costs, which were more than the asking price.

The person at the resort will be getting a nice little gratuity.

PS: Do due diligence. Since it was Florida, I was able to find the deed online as I was talking to the owner. She had said she would mail me a copy of the deed, so I didn't want to creep her out by telling her I had already printed it. Besides, she had to be the legitimate owner because the resort told her to call me.

PPSS: Be patient. Take your time.
          RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

thanks for the remarks.
            I will say for the record, I (and x-wife) have a decent location and week, and its paid off
            But separating from it is a nightmare of sorts. so that is positive it the other end, hence why I am learning the dirty little secrets of shamming and scamming for these, well people trying to make a buck of another persons distress.

what I quickly realized, I have a 10 day window to dissolve my contract with so and so advertisement company based on the contract agreement
            and next to impossible to determine legit or not, in at least if they can produce the connection between seller and buyer.
            someone quoted about price checking and I in fact looked exactly at there website and saw the same type of unit with a 5 week difference about the same price they proposed. it is at high ended scale they have with about little more half of that for the low.
            I think this is a numbers game, I am not sure. I want to call the number and ask how long has it been on the market for starters, then question the gal who talked me into coughing up 1800$.

Comment

Make it simple and cancel, if you can.

You cannot lose doing that.

Comment

Originally posted by tonyg View Post
                I also believe that positive commentaries by posters with few posts and little time on the forum should be looked at with skepticism.
                I noticed this "user rating" on another forum:

Trust Level: New User

Some people get offended by the notion that being around awhile means something, or not being around for some time means something.

Comment

Working...
                X