Not paying my timeshare any more but still want to stay at the resort

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not paying my timeshare any more but still want to stay at the resort

I am not paying my timeshare for years already, but can i still stay at the resort or they migh come to me in the room and charge me?
    I have send people via my RCI account and all of them has stay at the resort.

Just give me an advice if that is possible

No pay, no stay is the general rule. A resort here would send you out for collection and foreclose if that didn't work.

Comment

Legally, you can stay under a different account. The account that is in arrears will need to be settled to use the delinquent account. If the management knocks on the door tell them your not here.

Comment

Look i have the resort but what happen is sometimes on RCI there are some good deals but if i book it using my name they can know that i am at the resort. Or i have to go with somebody and pay for an gift certificate.
        But if i get that deal on RCI do you think they can send me to collection?

Comment

Now that we know what you're asking, you can go anywhere and stay anywhere on an RCI "deal", i. e., an Extra Vacation or a Last Call or any of the other many ways RCI offers owners' deposits to the general public. That is a totally separate transaction from using your ownership.

I have done that myself, purchased an RCI Last Call for a resort we own at. Incidentally, the Last Call was $219, and the maintenance fee of our owned week is $680. I've reported on that here, that the person behind Counter 1 knew me, and knew me to be an owner, but the person behind Counter 2 did not, and could not figure out why I was coming in through RCI. That was his problem, and I left him to it.
          RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

But remember i am not paying any more for my timeshare. But still i want to use the RCI last call deals that are good deals.
            Would you think that when RCI send my reservation over to the resort they can see that i coming and might send collection over for me?

Or purchase true RCI the resort will not know or see that i am not paying any more for my time share?

Comment

I dont think you have anything to worry about. But if you are worried, dont stay there.. Vacation somewhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by dhrbush View Post
                But remember i am not paying any more for my timeshare. But still i want to use the RCI last call deals that are good deals.
                Would you think that when RCI send my reservation over to the resort they can see that i coming and might send collection over for me?

Or purchase true RCI the resort will not know or see that i am not paying any more for my time share?
                Possibly but very doubtful. Maybe only because they remember you or if you ask them while your there. The RCI account is totally different and not in arrears even if you used your delinquent timeshare to snag an extra vacation.

Comment

OK, one more time.

You cannot use what you are not paying for.

You can use what you paid for, which doesn't have anything to do with what you are not paying for.

If the resort wants to pursue you for non-payment, there is a legal process they have to go through, and harass you while you are staying in a unit you have paid for is not part of that process.

Just for the record, what has the resort done thus far regarding your non-payment? I am assuming "for years" means a considerable amount of time.

Your issue is the opposite of mine/ours. You don't pay, but want to use, and we pay, but don't want to use.
                  RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

Originally posted by JLB View Post
                    OK, one more time.

You cannot use what you are not paying for.

You can use what you paid for, which doesn't have anything to do with what you are not paying for.

If the resort wants to pursue you for non-payment, there is a legal process they have to go through, and harass you while you are staying in a unit you have paid for is not part of that process.

Just for the record, what has the resort done thus far regarding your non-payment? I am assuming "for years" means a considerable amount of time.

Your issue is the opposite of mine/ours. You don't pay, but want to use, and we pay, but don't want to use.
                    If I'm reading this correctly he said he wants to take advantage of last call, etc., which he would be paying for.
                    Luanne

Comment

I'm guessing the resort in question is not in the USA, so the laws governing timeshares may be different than here in the USA.

Comment

Originally posted by Luanne View Post
                        If I'm reading this correctly he said he wants to take advantage of last call, etc., which he would be paying for.
                        "You can use what you paid for, which doesn't have anything to do with what you are not paying for."

Comment

Working...
                        X