Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the group think of prices on last minute rentals within 60 days?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the group think of prices on last minute rentals within 60 days?

A good friend of mine changed jobs last fall and really loves her new company (which will remain nameless). I have been posting the cheap stuff over at TUG that falls at $700 or less. BUT there are some outrageous resorts that would have to list at $1000 to $1200 to cover costs and price rules. Is there a market for those? Here?

When you look at $300 to RCI JUST FOR THE EXCHANGE portion $700 is a true distress number. The one timeshare I still own is just under $700/year for maintenance fee and it is not a namebrand. Not looking to run a profit center but I can't list them at a loss.

What do you all think?
    lawren2
    Malibu Beach Barbie & A Super Moderator
    Last edited by lawren2; 03-09-2017, 08:34 AM.
    Lawren
    ------------------------
    There are many wonderful places in the world, but one of my favourite places is on the back of my horse.
    - Rolf Kopfle

It's very low. I just went looking for something in Florida and yes, I would have been thrilled to get something for $700, but it's just not realistic. I think it discourages people from posting last-minute rentals.

It really is time to raise the limit. Most modest hotels cost at least $100 a night these days.

Comment

I agree that for several properties it's too low, but Brian and the mods over there have stated repeatedly they have no interest in changing the limit, and refer you to the marketplace. They have stated that the LMR is to avoid a complete loss of the week.
      Scott

Comment

I think at 45 days out a person can grab extra vacations at most of the exchange sites for under $700. With my WM I can grab exchange inventory for 4000 points + exchange fee at 45 days out using RCI and 60 days out using II and the cost is under $700. Many of these are top tier resorts.

Lawren, maybe you could place a link in your signature with your list of high quality rentals and rent them for whatever you like.

Comment

This doesn't seem to be the right place to have a discussion of TUG's LMR limit. But, if the powers that be here are willing to create a forum for same with different rules, that'd be worth exploring.

Comment

Thinking about this some more...

If something like this were added here with a higher nightly/weekly limit, I can imagine it getting a lot of traffic. So, I'd like a version of "Home" that excludes whatever forum they end up in, much as there as a version of "home" that excludes sightings today. I suppose it doesn't have to start that way, but could be added if things got busy.

Comment

The last minute rental rules are much different here than oy.

Comment

I have only done a last minute rental twice- once as buyer and one as a seller and both OY and both about a decade or so ago. I don't see a need for price limits, because high priced stuff will not usually sell.

Comment

Originally posted by bnoble View Post
                  This doesn't seem to be the right place to have a discussion of TUG's LMR limit. But, if the powers that be here are willing to create a forum for same with different rules, that'd be worth exploring.
                  Let me EMPHATICALLY state that this was not in any way shape or form to discuss LMR on the other forum. I know of the venue I mentioned and I list what suits the limits and I am grateful for it and that forum.

I am wrestling with last minute weeks and am just bouncing around ideas with how to do that. They have a deal that just doesn't "fit" their client base very well and most of what you have seen is the result of that mismatch.

My problem is finding a viable way to market stuff that does not fit that category and because of in-house rules they would rather it sit empty than suit a $700 cap. I know there is a market opportunity and when someone sees a resort such as "y" listed at 40% below maintenance fees it is a bargain.

If the deal isn't good enough it burns empty. I have no personal or emotional investment other than to help a friend and yes, myself in the bargain.

Back to the ideas. Please.
                  Craigslist is an awful lot of spammers and junk to get to the real people, although when I get a little more time in my work day I will probably peruse "want" ads there.
                  lawren2
                  Malibu Beach Barbie & A Super Moderator
                  Last edited by lawren2; 03-09-2017, 03:38 PM.
                  Lawren
                  ------------------------
                  There are many wonderful places in the world, but one of my favourite places is on the back of my horse.
                  - Rolf Kopfle

Comment

Originally posted by easyrider View Post
                    I think at 45 days out a person can grab extra vacations at most of the exchange sites for under $700. With my WM I can grab exchange inventory for 4000 points + exchange fee at 45 days out using RCI and 60 days out using II and the cost is under $700. Many of these are top tier resorts.

Lawren, maybe you could place a link in your signature with your list of high quality rentals and rent them for whatever you like.
                    Bill, If this inventory wasn't in a high state of flux that might be a great idea.
                    I know when I personally ask about something and it is not available and it happens a time or three I stop asking. I try to keep everything as current as possible maybe signature is the way to go. Let me thinkn on that. Thank you/
                    Lawren
                    ------------------------
                    - Rolf Kopfle

Comment

I have used cl for many years.
                      RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

I put a few posts up here at timeshareforums.

This forum is for Rentals that expire within 90 days and can not cost above $1250 for the week or $200 a day up to six days to a max of $1250 for a full week.

I do have to go back and edit for a 2br hanalei bay which exceeds the limit. The 90 day line is AWESOME. You can get airfare in 90 days if needed. I hope more people take advatage of it.
                        Lawren
                        ------------------------
                        - Rolf Kopfle

Comment

Late to this, but I definitely think there is a market for exactly the type of properties you mention. $1250 for a premium property sounds reasonable and I would definitely peruse the offerings on a regular basis, if easily available.

Comment

Originally posted by happymum View Post
                            Late to this, but I definitely think there is a market for exactly the type of properties you mention. $1250 for a premium property sounds reasonable and I would definitely peruse the offerings on a regular basis, if easily available.
                            Agree

Comment

Originally posted by lawren2 View Post
                              A good friend of mine changed jobs last fall and really loves her new company (which will remain nameless). I have been posting the cheap stuff over at TUG that falls at $700 or less. BUT there are some outrageous resorts that would have to list at $1000 to $1200 to cover costs and price rules. Is there a market for those? Here?

When you look at $300 to RCI JUST FOR THE EXCHANGE portion $700 is a true distress number. The one timeshare I still own is just under $700/year for maintenance fee and it is not a namebrand. Not looking to run a profit center but I can't list them at a loss.

What do you all think?
                              I dont understand your question, nor do I understand what your friends new job has to do with anything

Having said that Ill give you my take on rentals

Maintenance fees have nothing to do with what you can get for your rental.. Its the market that determines rental prices> what I do is to check out the competition and then price my offer a little less. If that means I have to take a loss on some weeks, so be it... at least I get something

By the way I find Craigs List to be the place to find customers at the last minute

Comment

Working...
                              X